Level 1; Repth came into being facing the Terminal Island Train Station and took it as a sign to enter. The pleasant ride failed to foreshadow the fact that he would soon be murdered while indulging in sweet baked goods and good books. "Clearly," he thought, "this life will be one of hardship." One such book read as follows;
- You read the book. The book is a detailed prediction of the end of the world, as written by the Elder Powers themselves. After finishing the book, you suddenly find that you are unable to remember anything about it ... and all of the pages are now blank.
Who are these mysterious and omnipotent Elder Powers? He decided to dedicate his life to discovering the secrets of this ruthless new world and their role in it.
Level 2; After being slaughtered helplessly, he awoke in a new mortal shell, feeling stronger yet. The books paid off as Repth began to feel more confident in his abilities; he was learning quickly. This time, however, he decided to make a visit to an evil library. This environment was one in which he did not feel comfortable sleeping. After absorbing a few dark books he made his way over to a nearby apartment building to call it a night. This would not be an easy life for our young scholar. Slaughtered again, he awoke near a vault of enlightenment, promptly ate a slice of cheesecake and headed inside. He found a horde of scholars and began to enjoy their company. An Angry Mob approached Repth, quiet calmly I may add, and offered him a handful of books, warning of angels who would see him as impure due to his mortal status. As the Nexus would have it, a mute angel named Claude purged the academic environment of Repth and another for being less than purest of spirit.
- (11 times) An Angry Mob gave you a(n) Holy Book.
- An Angry Mob whispered to you, saying "An "angel" often comes here to lynch anybody whose soul isn't "pure" enough for his tastes. Reading enough of these holy books is enough to fool him."
- An Angry Mob whispered to you, saying "Doesn't he know that lynching people is *our* job?"
- Claude the Mute attacked Tyuchev with a Blade of Light , killing him!
- Claude the Mute attacked you with a Blade of Light and hit for 19 points of holy damage.
Ironically, Repth awoke near a church and hesitated to go inside. "There's something wrong with these angels" he thought to himself as he ignored the church. He headed inside an apartment with a nice view of the beach to finish reading his books and find a nice place to sleep.
Level 3; He awoke to a hunger in his belly and took a stroll over to Captain Clucky's. Inside, he found a man. He asked this man if he was in line for the register, but the man did not respond, he simply stood. Repth concluded that the man was not in line and passed him only to see that the man had no face. This came as a shock. What was a man with no face doing in a restaurant? How could he eat? He decided not to press the issue, got some food, and made his way once again to the library. It was a typical day for Repth in the Nexus until he found something miraculous; a secret message!
- You search and find a Fragment of the Lore of Haldon. The fragment reads: Even those who begin to see beyond the struggle are doomed to repeat it if they do not find a way to transcend it.
Everything thus far has had a meaning and this was it. He will have to transcend this petty quarrel between angels and demons. Something was going on here - something big... and he was going to find out what it was. He decided to pursue his studies so ferociously that he made the simple mistake of wearing himself out.
- You read the book. The book is a lab journal of a Void Walker trying to disguise himself as a Seraph. Most entries end with him getting beaten to death after being discovered. You learned something from the book! You gain 10 experience points! You feel the infernal power of the book pervert your soul! Your morality has decreased by two! Writhing tentacles burst from the pages of the book as you read, rending your flesh! You take 3 points of damage! Your are unable to escape the tentacles, which pull you bodily into the maw of the book, which then devours you! You have died!
When he awoke after his reincarnation, his body had a special message on it. It was a personal invitation to a holy alliance titled, "The Golden Bold". He was unsure and ignored the invitation. A typical evening of studying passed and he managed to make it to a nearby apartment to squat for the night. When he awoke, he was not alone. A glorious shining angel was with him. The angel never reciprocated dialogue, it may have been in a trance of some kind. Repth wondered whether or not the angel had protected him in his sleep. One thing was for certain, it knew he was there. This being had a great presence... Repth began to reconsider his divine invitation. He made the hike around Mason Peak to find a simple farmhouse situated near a pleasant orchard. Cautiously, he entered the dilapidated building to find a small group of powerful entities and their minions. If this was to be his company, he better make friends. This is an unusual opportunity to observe Angel behavior.
Repth paid a trip to a Vault of Enlightenment and studied more literature to further his knowledge. As an act of goodwill, he brought baked goods back for his new Angel friends. He seems to be fitting in quite well for now.
Level 4; Repth has learned much in his short life. Specifically the value of having a mentor. One may find non-angels among the angels. These are considered those who have transcended the good vs. evil struggle, and Repth found that place in life highly desirable. His new mentor, An True, is one such transcended individual among angels. She is a very knowledgeable wizard, a valuable asset to Repth. He has expressed interest in the Lore of Haldos, however, An True has dismissed the credibility of Haldos; likening him to Haasha's control. Repth is not sure what to think, but finds Haldos' notes fascinating. He plans to continue to study and search for them, despite what his new mentor suggests.
Level 5; No one in the Golden Bold knew where Repth went. He disappeared for sometime, apparently scraping by in a nearby library in the shadow of a great mountain.
Level 6; He came back stronger and wiser than ever. His research leading to new conclusions and additional Lore of Haldon. An True offered her words of wisdom and assistance. Repth took these to heart and headed back to the library for more research after being bombarded with fanaticism.
- Someone used a bullhorn to say: 'MY FELLOW ANGELS, LET US REJOICE AND GIVE THANKS TO THE GUN GODDESS, FOR SHE HAS WON THE CLASH AND WILL USHER IN A ERA OF GUNVIOLENCE AND MAGE BAITING! HER HOLY WORD IS NOW OUR NEW SUPREME, INFALLIBLE GUNLAW! LET US CELEBRATE ALONAMMS ASCENDANCY FROM DOMINANT ELDER POWER TO SUPREME LEADER OF ALL THAT IS GUN HOLY! YOU HAVE ALL SEEN THE MESSAGE FROM HER HOLY GUNHERALD, ANGRY RED TEXT THE MESSAGE AND MAX OUT ANNOUNCER, TELLING US THAT HER LOYAL PROPHET AND GUNPRIESTESS HAS REACHED TRUE GUN-UNDERSTANDING! IT IS ALSO A SIGNAL TO THE NEXUS TO BEGIN THE FINAL GUNEXTERMINATION OF THE MAGES. WITH THEIR MAGE BLOOD, WE WILL BE ABLE TO START HER HOLY GUNPOCALYPSE ENGINE AND OPEN THE PORTAL TO LET ALONAMM INTO OUR WORLD! IT IS TIME FOR THE GUNFAITHFUL IN THE GOLDEN BOLD TO RISE UP, OVERTHROW YOUR MAGE LEADERS, AND CARRY OUT THE HOLY SACRAMENT OF MAGECIDE. IS IT NOT WRITTEN IN THE BOOK OF ALONAMM, CHAPTER TWO, VERSE NINETY-EIGHT: “LET IT BE KNOWN THAT THE DOUBLE BARREL SHOTGUN IS AN EXTENSION OF MY HOLY WILL. ALL MY CHILDREN SHALL USE MY GIFT TO ERASE THE STAIN OF MAGIC AND PLUNGE THIS WORLD INTO AN ETERNAL GUN DARKNESS WHERE YOU WILL LIGHT YOUR WAY WITH SHOTGUN MUZZLE FLASHES” HER WORD IS CLEAR MY FRIENDS! THE MAGES MUST BE WIPED OUT AND I CALL ON THE TRUE GUNBELIEVERS TO DRAG THE MAGES OUT OF THEIR BEDS AND TEACH MAGE TERRORISTS LIKE ASSISTANT PROFESSOR CHAOS THAT IS NOT OKAY TO BE A MAGE. CARRY OUT HER HOLY DECREE AND THE GUN GODDESS ALONAMM WILL REWARD HER FAITHFUL SERVANTS WITH A BEAUTIFUL NEW GUN BREATH, WHERE YOU WILL BE ABLE TO LIVE OUT YOUR OWN PERSONAL MAGE-HUNTING GUN SAFARI! TO THE GUN GODDESS WE PRAY.'
Not immune to the allure of Magic, Repth took this as a warning. One the Angels identified the voice as belonging to "Alice Newbury". Repth would go on to remember that name, and avoid it at all costs.