Prayer

From NexusClash Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Prayer
Learn
Class CP Requires
Shepherd 0 None
Effect(s)
Prayer
AP MP HP Duration
3 2-7 - -
Notes
  • Shepherd can Pray for assistance, randomly or focusing on one of:
    • Offensive
    • Defensive
    • Magic
    • Insight
  • Shepherd will receive a Lesser, Intermediate or Greater answer. They can improve chances for Intermediate or Greater results by spending more MP

This skill allows the character to Pray for temporary boosts. The results received are random, though the Shepherd may choose a general area to focus in. Shepherds gain this skill for free upon selecting the class.

Prayer costs 3 Action Points and 2 Magic Points to use. A character may Pray multiple times, and may have more than one Prayer result in force at a given time.

There are four categories of Prayer, and three kinds of answers within each category. The Prayer categories are Offensive, Defensive, Magic, and Insight. The three kinds of answers are Lesser, Intermediate, and Greater.

When Praying, the character has the option to Pray for a random result from a particular category. They can also choose to take an "Any" result -- a random result from a randomly selected category.

There is a base 90% chance of receiving a Lesser answer. There is a 5% chance of receiving an Intermediate answer. There is a 5% chance of receiving a Greater answer.

In order to increase the chances of receiving more more powerful answers, a character may spend extra Magic Points. For each additional Magic Point spent on the Prayer (beyond the required 2 MP), the chance of receiving an Intermediate answer increases by 2% and the chance of receiving a Greater answer increases by 1%. A maximum of 5 additional Magic Points may be spent in this way. Spending 5 additional Magic Points gives the character a 75% chance of receiving a Lesser answer, a 15% chance of receiving an Intermediate answer, and a 10% chance of receiving a Greater answer.

Further, if a character choose to take an "Any" result -- instead of Praying for a result from a specific Prayer category -- the chance of receiving an Intermediate or Greater answer increases by 5%. Therefore the chance of receiving a Lesser answer is 65%, an Intermediate answer is 20%, and a Greater answer is 15%.

If the result the Shepherd receives grants a status effect which he is already under (e.g., if the Shepherd receives the same result twice), then the duration of the effects will stack.


Prayer Result table
Category Type Result Chance Effect
Offensive
Lesser
Holy Brawn 30% +2 damage on Hand to Hand and Melee attacks for 10 Status Ticks
Offensive Power 40% +1 damage on all attacks for 10 Status Ticks
Offensive Guidance 30% +5% on all attacks for 10 Status Ticks
Intermediate
Might of Heroes 33% +4 damage on Hand to Hand and Melee attacks for 15 Status Ticks
Offensive Might 33% +2 damage and +10% to hit on all attacks for 10 Status Ticks
Hawk Sight 34% +10% to hit on ranged attacks for 15 Status Ticks
Greater
Strength of the Dragon 33% +5 damage on Hand to Hand and Melee attacks for 20 Status Ticks
Crusader Blessing 33% +2 damage and +20% to hit on all attacks for 20 Status Ticks
Holy Eye 34% +15% to hit on ranged attacks for 25 Status Ticks
Defensive
Lesser
Blessing of Resistance 35% +2 to soak against all attacks for 15 Status Ticks
Defensive Power 45% +10% to defense for 15 Status Ticks
Weapon Turning 20% For 10 Status Ticks, weapons attacking the character have a +5% chance of degrading
Intermediate
Stone Skin 40% +4 to soak against all attacks for 20 Status Ticks
Light Feet 40% +15% to dodge attacks for 20 Status Ticks
Sanctuary 20% Automatically hides the character and grants +2 soak against all attacks and +10% to defense for 15 Status Ticks
Greater
Protective Bulwark 42% +6 to soak against all attacks for 30 Status Ticks
Blessing of Evasion 43% +20% to defense for 30 Status Ticks
Divine Providence 15% Grants immunity to Defiler Poison, Agony Curse, Dark Heart, and similar demonic skills for 30 Status Ticks - does not cure existing conditions
Magic
Lesser
Minor Rejuvenation 100% Grants 5 Magic Points instantly; character cannot go over their max MP value
Intermediate
Major Rejuvenation 30% Grants 10 MP instantly; character cannot go over their max MP value
Spellgem Affinity 70% Charge any Spellgem for half the normal MP cost and 2 AP for the next 5 Status Ticks. Grants 5 Magic Points instantly; character cannot go over their max MP value
Greater
Greater Rejuvenation 40% Grants 20 MP instantly; character cannot go over their max MP value
Transcend Spellgem 60% Spells cast from Spellgems do not use charges for 15 Status Ticks. Grants 5 Magic Points instantly; character cannot go over their max MP value
Insight
Lesser
Packrat Vision 60% Increase the odds of a successful search result by 20% for 5 Status Ticks
Mending Touch 20% Reduces the cost to repair an item by 3 Action Points for the next 5 Status Ticks
Shadowsight 20% Grants +20% chance to hide for 5 Status Ticks
Intermediate
Hands of the Crafter 35% Reduces the cost to craft items by 5 AP for 10 Status Ticks
Sixth Sense 65% For 20 Status Ticks, attacks from hidden characters do not deal the "from hiding" bonus damage
Greater
Enhanced Senses 50% Grants the character the Enhanced Senses skill for 30 Status Ticks
Discerning Eyes 50% Increases the odds of finding rare items on a successful search for 20 Status Ticks
Shepherd Skills

Absolve Suffering || AlchemyAlchemical Transmutation || Energize || Heal Others || Hand of ZealotryHolier than Thou || Spell CombatBattle Magic || Prayer (free skill) → Devout Supplication || SpellcraftSanctify Spell