Experience Points (XP) is the game mechanic used to simulate how a character learns and grows in Nexus Clash. By performing certain actions, a character earns Experience Points. When a character earns enough Experience Points they will gain a new level. When a character gains enough levels, they will enter a new Tier.
Experience Points can be earned in many different ways. Experience Points cannot be lost -- once they are earned the character always has them.
Some means of earning XP are:
- Attacking another character - 1 xp per point of damage dealt.
- Attacking a Pet - half the xp that you would get from attacking the master.
- Killing another character - 1 xp for each level the target has.
- Healing another character - 1 xp per point of damage.
- Reading books - 10 xp for regular, Unholy or Holy books.
- Target Shooting - 8 xp.
- Restoring or cutting power from a location - 6 xp.
- Repairing or destroying power station generators - 25 xp.
- Repairing or destroying doors - 1 xp per AP spent.
- Crafting new items - varies
- Repairing damaged items - 10 xp per quality level repaired.
- Researching an Alchemy component - 10 xp.
- Creating a batch of Alchemy potions - 20 xp.
- Enchanting an item - 15 xp.
When doing actions that gain experience that involves other players, the amount of experience will be multiplied depending on what level you and your target are. This experience can vary from breath to breath.
The multipliers are as follows: