The Donate button on the NexusClash webpage enables you to make a donation. Every US dollar donated will unlock 100 Credits, which can be used to improve your in-game experience.
Once you have donated, you will receive credits once donations are processed, usually within a day or so. Donations are processed by the Admins.
Your donations give you access to the following:
- A player's characters can transfer some (or all) of the credits to another character, with a short message attached. This message appears in green in the characters' respective in-game message panes, and can be sent to anyone, anywhere, so long as you have their character ID and thus can access their profile.
Many players use 1-credit messages as an easy form of in-game communication.
- For 5 Credits you can view a single random Leaderboard.
- Most Writing items may be purchased from the Credit Store. More exotic items (e.g. Chimeric Chalk) cost more while more basic items (e.g. Green Chalk) cost less.
- Lock Aspect: This 'locks' your character's aspect to the current aspect (and gender) described in your character's Physical Description pane. It will no longer change on respawn. The locked aspect will carry over to future breaths.
- Mundane Clothing: Buy any mundane type of clothing and receive it in your inventory for you to wear!
- Custom item name: (name subject to approval, this changes the actual name displayed on an item, including a weapon, to <custom name>, a(n) <item name> - including on broadcast kill messages). The name is not "lost" through degradation or similar; the name change is permanent for the current Breath. Limit of 64 characters.
Example: a Flame of Anor, a Crimson Gladius
- Rename Character: Rename your character! (name subject to approval) If your name is deemed offensive or otherwise inappropriate, Mods can (and will) change it to something else.
- Mortal Aspects: This 'locks' your character's aspect to the selected aspect (and gender). Your character's Physical Description pane should read exactly as the selected aspect would and it will no longer change on respawn.
- Premium Clothing: Any clothing bought will appear in your inventory, for you to wear. Auras can also be worn, but whilst having a similar name as the skills, they provide no mechanical benefits.
- Prefix: The selected string of words will appear before your character's name only on the character page. Other people will be able to see it when they view that page.
- Suffix: The selected string of words will appear after your character's name only on the character page. Other people will be able to see it when they view that page.
- Upload a Custom Avatar for one character. Pictures are restricted to a maximum size of 250x250px and no more than 300KB, and can be uploaded from the Character page. Once you have purchased a Custom Avatar, you may change it for free on that character as many times as you want.
- Create a piece of custom Clothing. You may type in anything you want as the name of the clothing item (limit 75 characters).
- Select Domain: The character will be granted a string of words, much like the 'Suffix' option, placed behind the character's name, separated by a comma. Note that it will read exactly as presented, including the Grandmaster of <Domain>
Example: a Fungus, Master of Time
The title attached to the domain is dependent on the level of the character and improves as the character levels up, thusly:
|Character Level||Domain Title|
|1 - 9||Servant of <Domain>|
|10 - 14||Disciple of <Domain>|
|15 - 19||Brother or Sister of <Domain>|
|20 - 25||Master of <Domain>|
|26 - 29||Paragon of <Domain>|
|30||Grandmaster of <Domain>|
- Custom Prefix, Suffix or Domain: You may type in anything you want (limit 75 characters) as your character's prefix, suffix or domain. Custom prefixes and suffixes cost 250 Credits; custom domains cost 350.
- Customize a "known" spell's name and attack/defense/kill descriptions: (subject to approval; you will need to supply the name of the character who knows the spell, the current spell name, and what you wish to change the name to).
- You will also need to fill in the blank for the attack string of "You attack target with _______, and missed/dealing X points of Y damage.",
- the target's string of " Character Yourname ________, and missed/dealing X points of Y damage"
- and the "kill" string of " Character Yourname attacked Character Target ______________! (on this last, "killing them" will be appended at the end if it is not already clear from the flavor text.
- Special Aspects: This 'locks' your character's aspect to the selected aspect (and gender). Your character's Physical Description pane should read exactly as the selected aspect would and it will no longer change on respawn. Most of these are references to something, which you'll probably find pleasantly surprising.
300 + 300x(Purchased Character Slots)
- Additional Character Slot. Each subsequent character costs 300 credits more. This means your 4th character is 300 credits, your 5th character is 600 credits, etc.
- A custom, unique aspect for one of your characters. Your character's Physical Description will be set to whatever you like (up to 500 characters) and will no longer change on respawn. Once you have purchased a Custom Aspect, you may change it for free on that character as many times as you want.
How to donate, and how donations are processed
When sending Paypal donations via the Donate button on the page, please include a message with a link to a character that you own or your account name. This makes it possible for the Admin team to identify who should receive credits. Credits are usually received within 12-48 hours of donating, but this may take longer if your donation does not include this information. If this information is not included, we will send an email from firstname.lastname@example.org to the email account associated with the paypal account which made the donation.