Difference between revisions of "Classes"
(Added moar text)
(Replaced the Elementalist with the Conduit, per Breath 3 Changelog.)
|Line 73:||Line 73:|
===Neutral Spellcaster Classes===
===Neutral Spellcaster Classes===
:the , the the of the . can the his of matter to .
Revision as of 02:09, 1 January 2012
There are three different tiers of Character Class. All characters begin at level 1 in the first tier as the Mortal Class, and are limited to learning Mortal Skills.
When the character earns enough experience to become level 10, they are able to choose a second class from the Tier 2 classes. There are currently 6 different tier 2 classes to choose from (two of each Alignment, though the choice is restricted based on the character's Morality. In order to choose a Tier 2 class, the character must have spend at least 70 CP on T1 skills.
When the character earns enough experience to become level 20, they are able to choose a third and final class from amongst the tier 3 classes. This choice is restricted based on the tier 2 class of the character. In order to choose a Tier 3 class, the character must have spent at least 250 CP on T1 and T2 skills and spells.
All characters are able to purchase skills from all of their character classes, i.e. an Infernal Behemoth (tier 3) can still purchase skills from the Pariah (tier 2) and Mortal (tier 1) class skills.
Tier 1: Mortal
- Paladin (Combat Class)
- The Paladin is a martial warrior dedicated goodness whose strength and powers arise from his purity. The Paladin can train in several powerful combat techniques; however, he is limited somewhat in his use of these techniques by the requirement that his soul remain pure (good-aligned); if it does not, he loses his powers. He specializes in powerful single blows and can also marshall the power of his faith to protect him.
- Shepherd (Spellcaster)
- The Shepherd is an angel of mercy, the student of so-called white magic. His skills lie mostly in the uplifting and healing of others, though he can also learn spells and call upon the powers of justice for aid. Like the paladin, the shepherd relies upon virtue to power his abilities; if he does not remain pure (good-aligned), he loses access to his powers.
- Myrmidon (Combat Class)
- The Myrmidon chooses to specialize in the use of weapons and in martial combat. His training allows him to detect hidden foes effortlessly, attack with more fury and with better accuracy, as well as avoid blows in combat.
- Sorcerer (Spellcaster)
- The Sorcerer focuses his study on the mystic arts, which allow him to become a living battery of power, able to direct it in both destructive and useful ways. Sorcerers can learn to decipher spells, can acquire knowledge of alchemy, can infuse the very ground they walk on with power, and can even use their own innate power to push their bodies a bit further than a normal mortal.
- Pariah (Combat Class)
- The Pariah binds his soul to the forces of darkness in exchange for powers that increase his skill in battle. He becomes an instrument of destruction and chaos - provided he keeps himself sufficiently perverted (evil-aligned). The backbone of any evil army is its legion of such infernally-powered warriors.
- Defiler (Spellcaster)
- The Defiler enters into corrupt pacts with darkness and wickedness in exchange for power. The defiler can learn to cast spells and also can learn to utilize his black arts to inflict pain and suffering on others, stealing their strength, power, or very souls.
Good Combat Classes
- The Holy Champion calls upon divine power to cloak him in elemental energy, giving him access to various powers, depending on which element he imbues his body with. A Holy Champion is perhaps them most flexible of the angelic fighting classes, able to fill many roles - but never more than one at a time.
- The Divine Herald is the light skirmisher among the angelic fighters - his spellcasting makes him extremely versatile and his skills can make him difficult to pin down.
- The primary offensive soldiers among the legions of the angels, seraphs are almost organic extensions of the land of paradise itself. Tasked with eternal vigilance against the demonic hordes, seraphs are particularly well-equipped to track, find, and kill the unworthy. These heavy hitters embody the fury of divine disfavor and tend to be quite direct in their methods.
- A few demons begin down the path of darkness, only to turn back toward the light. While they are never fully free of the stains of their demonic lineage, those who seek redemption are blessed with powers to aid themselves and others - and to become hated and despised by the demons who once embraced them. They become embodiments of penitence, humility... and vengeance.
Good Spellcaster Classes
- The advocate is the support class among the angelic legions. With few offensive capabilities, the Advocate is best suited to defense and to providing boons and aid to other characters; this subtle, yet powerful role allows the advocate to increase the efficacy of all around him, allowing a group to far surpass their individual abilities.
- The field general among the angels, the Archon is a combat-oriented caster who brings a good deal of offensive firepower with him, and is most often found leading the angelic charge against the minions of darkness.
- Caretaker of the creatures of the Elysian fields, the Lightspeaker often lives vicariously through his charges. While not armed personally for great combat duty, his ability to summon creatures to protect himself and his allies - and to smite the foes of evil - makes him a formidable foe when accompanied by his menagerie.
Neutral Combat Classes
- Master of martial training and discipline, the Eternal Soldier is focused upon utilizing superior training, ingenuity, and tactics to overcome his enemies. The Eternal Soldier relies very little on magic, but is master of the mundane and a weapon in his hands is exceedingly deadly.
- Mysterious warriors who draw much of their power from the tattoos that cover their body, the Nexus Champion tends to focus himself on attaining victory through inner balance and harmony. He has some access to the arcane arts, and though he does not usually approach the Eternal Soldier for sheer single combat power, he is a more flexible and subtle warrior.
- Warriors who align themselves with shadows, nightmares, and death, Revenants have been known through the ages by many names - Werewolf, Nosferatu, and Vampire among them. They tend to draw their power from the night and from the fear - or love - of death itself, and many of them soon come to revel in their unlife and the power it affords them in their chosen element.
Neutral Spellcaster Classes
- Watching over the walls that divide reality, the Conduit manipulates the raw energies of the planes. He can forge pathways between distant places, manipulate the ambient magicks of an area, strike at his foes with raw Arcana, and exploit his knowledge of matter and ether to better shape them into weapons or potions.
- A master of necromantic (death) magic, the lich passes beyond life itself to become undead. The lich holds power over creatures of unlife and has an uncanny ability to work with the powers of death.
- More than just a studious bookworm, the Wizard is the premiere practicioner of magic. He understands magic more deeply and can utilize it in a much larger variety of ways than most other casters.
Evil Combat Classes
- The Infernal Behemoth is the personification of violence, destruction, and death. These mighty combat engines excel and bringing death and destruction to any and all that oppose them. The Infernal Behemoth specializes in close combat and can deal out massive amounts of damage. They are able to concentrate their powers to command the fires of hell that burn within them, exerting them outward to wreath their weapons and bodies in unquenchable flame, or focusing them inward to spur their bodies into Bloodlust that allows them to wreak incredible havoc in single combat.
- A harbinger of destruction, the Doom Howler wreaks indiscriminate death and despair wherever he goes. The keening wail of the Doom Howler is his trademark and is fully capable of doing harm to anyone in his path; however, he is also armored for combat and has learned the arts of spellcasting as well, making for an unpredictable foe.
- The nightmare that strikes from the shadows, the Void Walker is the ultimate assassin. Able to pass through walls, cloak himself in invisibility, and even pass through dimensions at a whim, he is all but impossible to find respite from. In addition, his deadly single-combat arts allow him to quickly fell even the mightiest opponent, no matter how heavily armored.
- Angels who have once embraced the light and then fallen into the depths of evil are known as the Fallen. These fiendish beings often subject themselves to horrid experiments that cause them to become twisted metal and organic hybrids - usually in an attempt to make a mockery of the angels whose forms they have discarded.
Evil Spellcaster Classes
- The demonic penchant for twisting deals and usurping power is never more evident than in the Corruptor. While possessed of only modest offensive abilities on his own, the Corruptor truly shines as a character who is able to turn almost anything his foe possesses against him - magical abilities, summoned creatures, unused magic power - all of these can be stolen by the Corruptor and used for his own dark ends.
- The demon who loves power most is the Dark Oppressor, and his abilities are geared towards an exercise of power to force others to submit to him. Where the Corruptor steals, the Dark Oppressor simply denies or removes anything - or anyone - that stands in his path. Master of his domain, and demonic master of magic, his abilities allow him to effectively lead those demons who choose to follow him by supplying them with the things they need to improve their ability to inflict suffering on others - thus ensuring their loyalty.
- Warped and twisted by their study to commune with and command the creatures of evil, Wyrm Masters often gain abilities due to their grotesque forms - but more importantly, they can summon a large variety of creatures to do their bidding - and each creature is destructive after its own fashion.