01/20/2015 - March Bug-Fixes
- Fixed a bug in which Arcane weapons didn't hurt angels or demons who wield them
- It is no longer possible to craft items in conditions worse than destroyed or better than pristine
- Spellgem charging checks to ensure you have learnt the spell
- Arcane Wells don't stack anymore
- It is no longer possible to anoint yourself
- It is no longer possible to abuse a bug with prayer to regain max MP at will
- Holy Transfer now correctly checks to ensure you have the skill, target is in location and that you are of good morality
- World Stepping now checks to ensure you aren't trying to visit planes from other breaths
01/20/2015 - February Fixes
- Pets attacking Shambling Zombies during normal pet ticks no longer cause MO shift
- Acid Blood now correctly applies damage to Ghouls
- Verdant Sling buffed - Reloading now grants 100 ammo, up from 10
- Image uploading issue fixed
- Wiki updated to latest version of MediaWiki
01/20/2015 - Bonus Patch - The First Amendment
- Speech that costs AP no longer causes a Status Tick and is no longer affected by any other effects such as glyphs
01/18/2015 - January Bug-Fixing Patch
- AOE attacks now only aggro pets they can target, instead of all pets on the tile
- AOE attacks no longer have a 1% chance to critically miss
- Sending credits no longer requires character to have at least 1AP, button updated to reflect 0AP cost
- Admins have gained additional abilities to help remove certain types of skills from characters
- Stronghold glyph prevention now applies to all glyph types, not just protection
- Lesser Invulnerability recipe no longer breaks if unlearned - This fix sadly won't help anyone already affected, only people forgetting from now onwards (and B3.5). All characters who forgot their recipe and got the bugged one now have been assigned three items to finish off their recipe. They are now able to completely learn and forget their recipe to get a new (non-bugged) recipe assigned to them.
- The Stepping of the Stone now bypasses a number of checks that were causing stepping to incorrectly fail in some instances
- Cold Affinity is now correctly granted when Cold enchantments get drained by a Corruptor
- Draining field no longer incorrectly sees renamed items as being enchanted (unless they are actually enchanted!)
- Non-potion enchantments (Martial Spellcraft + named items, since they were being treated as enchants) no longer cause Corruptors to get a message implying they'd drained themselves
- Precision of the Assassin no longer gives too much negative soak if attacking inside a SH with fortifications
- Lightspeakers can no longer use an exploit to summon multiple Wheels
- Tattoo of Soul fixed to grant 1 extra MP per tick instead of incorrectly granting 2
- Darksoul Cabal - More things should be castable if you only have enough MP to cast after reduction (not all things though, just more than previously)
- Fraternity of Wondercraft no longer grants cheaper pet summoning
- Aura of Peace typo corrected
- Wording corrected when interacting with faction safe
09/22/14 - September mini-patch, credit store and aspects
- Uploading a new avatar is now free if your character already has one
- Avatars are no longer stretched if they're not exactly the max size
- Avatars are now the same size on both the credit store page and the character profile page
- Removed holiday items are no longer visible at the top of the premium clothing section
- There are some new aspects for several T3 classes that were a bit lacking in the aspect department
09/09/14 - September Faction & Pet Update
QUALITY OF LIFE
- Leaders in factions can view a log of faction safe activity.
- Leaders can now view and remove existing bans
- Lieutenants can no longer promote Veterans to Lieutenant rank
- Veterans can no longer promote Initiates to Veteran rank
- Initiates can no longer use Tap Ley Line
- Character planner updated with latest version by Sihoiba
- Game admins are now able to fix many more typos than they could previously
- Encumbered characters can now receive 0 weight items from other players
- Pet ticks are now significantly faster and will cause much less lag
- Performance increase in situations where a game message is broadcast to a lot of people
- Improvements made to skill detection code
NOTABLE BUG FIXES
- Ban User now works correctly
- Pet attacks on Shambling Zombies no longer change the petmaster's Morality
- SMG and Flamethrower AOE attacks now check if there's ammo loaded
- Pariahs are now correctly affected by AOE status effects targetting demons
08/24/14 - Bug-Fixing Patch
QUALITY OF LIFE
- Books now give XP 100% of the time when read.
- Attacking Shambling Zombies no longer changes your MO.
NOTABLE BUG FIXES
- Ghouls now take damage from damage auras when they hit with an attack.
- Dread Gaze now only counts damaging spells for the familiarity bonus.
- You can't use Explosive Murder multiple times before dying anymore.
- Explosive Murder chains can now only explode each person once.
- It should now be impossible to learn CP-granting badges more than once.
- Grenades can no longer be thrown more than once.
10/1/12 - THE AWAKENING OF MAEVAL
CHANGES TO EXISTING SKILLS
- Added "Greater Infusion" to Conduit skill list (30 CP skill, identical to Wizard skill of the same name).
- Unholy Stain now removes infusion depth in the amount of 3 times the amount of MP spent (was 2).
QUALITY OF LIFE
- It is now possible to "quit" a guild at the guild's shrine (though expect extreme displeasure from the Elder Powers for all guilds except Adamant Kinship).
NOTABLE BUG FIXES
- Fixed bugs with faction creation and editing.
- Bloodlust duration not resetting on kills.
PLAYER CREDIT STORE
- Players may now purchase the following in the Credit Store (on the main page, below your list of characters):
- Access to Leaderboards
- Access to Game-wide Statistics
- Access to Game-wide "Orthodoxy Standings"
Note that purchases must be "Confirmed" by clicking the purchase button a second time.
Implemented new Wandering Monster, Maeval.
- Maeval roams the "Dead Rock" portion of Purgatorio. He can pass between the "Dead Caves" and the dead rock, and also knows how to step inside and outside of buildings. Doors, Glyphs, and Stronghold Wards are NOT sufficient to keep him out of a building.
- Maeval starts with 3000 HP, 1000 MP, and 1000 AP.
- Maeval is possessed of extraordinary regenerative powers and regenerates 50 HP each "pet tick" (every 10 seconds).
- Maeval has a 30% defense and is immune to unholy, holy, arcane, cold, and death damage. His phantasmal armor soaks 6-10 points (varies from blow to blow) against everything else.
- Maeval has a 150% chance to hit and deals 5 slashing and 5 cold damage. He will retaliate when attacked in addition to attacking on the pet tick.
- Maeval can see and hit Wisp Form, Flying, and Invisible characters.
- Each hit from Maeval places one instance of the Death-marked status effect on the character. Multiple instances of this effect are possible.
- Death-marked status reduces damage immunity to 90% resistance. It reduces existing resistance by 10% and soak by 1 (so a character who drinks a cold affinity potion and then is hit three times by Maeval will have 3 such statuses on him; the first reduces the immunity to 90% resistance, the second to 80%, the third to 70%).
- Death-marked status can be removed by use of Blood Ice or Angel Tears.
- On a kill (including a pet kill), Maeval absorbs his target and gains HP equal to the maximum HP of his target (this can take him over maximum HP; if he goes over maximum, he loses 1 HP each pet tick until he is no longer over maximum).
- Pets categorically refuse to attack Maeval. He will attack them, however.
- If Maeval is killed, each character participating in the attack receives the Stalker of Death badge and 5 CP. The character who deals the killing blow also receives the the Hunter of Death badge and 10 CP. The character who deals the most damage to Maeval receives the Foe of Death badge and 15 CP. (The badges and CP grants may not be earned multiple times; though it is possible to earn different badges during different attacks). If Maeval's regeneration ever brings his hit points to maximum, all damage is "erased" as all attacks to that point have been for naught.
QUALITY OF LIFE
Attacks made on wards now display damage dealt during the attack.
CHANGES TO EXISTING SPELLS
Glyphs of Pain now deal 3 damage (was 1). When a Glyph of Pain vs Good is active in an area, Aethersprites are prevented from healing all characters except their master.
CHANGES TO EXISTING PETS
Judgemasters can no longer detect nor attack invisible and/or flying characters.
Judgemasters' secondary damage type has been changed to electric (was slashing).
Will-O-Wisp damage reduced to 6 (was 7). Damage floor has been raised to 2 points of damage (immunity still reduces to 0).
Wights have a damage floor of 2 when dealing Death damage (immunity still reduces to 0). In addition, they now deal 5 arcane secondary damage with a damage floor of 2.
CHANGES TO EXISTING SKILLS
Tweaked Energize XP grants.
- Characters are of equal tier: XP granted is MP spent * 0.1.
- Energizer is level 10-15 and target is Tier 1: XP granted is MP spent * 0.05.
- Energizer is level 10-15 and target is Tier 3: XP granted is MP spent * 0.15.
- Energizer is level 16-20 and target is Tier 1: XP granted is MP spent * 0.038.
- Energizer is level 16-20 and target is Tier 3: XP granted is MP spent * 0.125.
- Energizer is Tier 3 and target is Tier 1: XP granted is MP spent * 0.025.
- Energizer is Tier 3 and target is Tier 2: XP granted is MP spent * 0.05.
Seraph skill Arc Lightning damage has been upgraded to level/4 (was level/5). It no longer strikes opponents utilizing ranged attacks.
Seraph skill Clockwork Cloud is now a 60 CP child skill of Arc Lightning. Damage has been upgraded to level/4 (was level/5). It now strikes opponents utilizing ranged attacks. All seraphs that had the Arc Lightning skill now have Clockwork Cloud instead.
Seraph skills Clockwork Blade, Clockwork Fortitude, and Spring of the Enhanced Capacitor are now child skills of Arc Lightning instead of Clockwork Cloud. (the above changes essentially "swap" the two skills, allowing the Seraph to have its aura go from a damage type for which an affinity potion does exist to one for which it does not.
Lightspeaker skill Soldiers of Might now causes Judgemaster secondary damage to be Slashing (was Electric). (Again, this is to make purchasing the later portions of the tree "better" by changing from a damage type for which an affinity potions exists to one for which it does not).
The +5 bonus for Unholy damage vs. non-Evil stronghold wards, Holy damage vs. non-Good stronghold wards, and Arcane damage vs. non-Unaligned stronghold wards only applies if the attacker is a member of a faction (i.e., factionless characters no longer gain this benefit).
Existing Upgrades Altered:
- Removed Boon of Alonai upgrade from game.
- Mana Rupture and Mana Mend are now per-Breath upgrades
New Faction Upgrades Available:
- Option to increase faction footlocker size. Footlockers are increased in increments of 5 space and each upgrade requires 10 renown plus 10 renown for each prior upgrade purchased (i.e., increasing size once to 30 requires 10 renown; increasing size again to 35 requires another 20 renown, increasing size again to 40 requires another 30 renown and so forth).
- Permanent Upgrade:
- Bulletin Board (25 renown):
- Creates a new sidebar tab, similar to the "Pad" tab, for Faction Members.
- The Bulletin Board has a maximum length of 5000 characters. At present it is plain-text only (no HTML, no BBCode).
- Leaders of the faction can edit the information in the "Bulletin Board" tab for 1 AP. When this is done, the Bulletin Board updates and an announcement is sent to the faction (per regular faction announcements).
- This upgrade may be purchased up to four times. The second purchase costs 50 renown and allows Lieutenants to edit the board. The third purchase costs 75 renown and allows Veterans to edit the board. The fourth purchase costs 100 renown and allows all faction members to edit the board.
- Bulletin Board (25 renown):
- Per-Breath Upgrade:
- Adamant Denial (25 renown):
- Members of the Adamant Kinship lose all guild bonuses while on your faction's Stronghold tile.
- Adamant Denial (25 renown):
- Temporary Factional Upgrade:
- Adamant Proscription (5 renown):
- Members of the Adamant Kinship lose all guild bonuses while standing on any tile infused to your faction for 24 hours (requires Adamant Denial).
- Adamant Proscription (5 renown):
NEW WANDERING MONSTERS
Several new wandering monsters ("pet-class") that have been implemented in Elysium, Purgatorio, and Gehenna. Not everything about them will yet be revealed, however, some selected guidelines about their Artificial Intelligence (for bug-reporting) may be found below:
- All pet-class wandering monsters should move tile-to-tile approximately once per minute (a "slow move" compared to the old pit's monsters that moved once per pet tick).
- Some of the more powerful wandering monsters are "native to the plane" (i.e., not summoned) and autonomous and therefore not subject to the Corruptor's Cut the Silver Cord and Touch of Corrupted Loyalty skills. An error message to this effect will be displayed when trying to attack such monsters with these attacks.
- Shambling Zombies will not attack members of a faction with a stronghold currently standing in the Forgotten City unless provoked.
- Gehenna-based wandering pets will not attack unless provoked: (1) factionless demons, (2) members of a faction with a stronghold currently standing in Gehenna, (3) members of the Legions of the Abyss.
- Elysium-based wandering pets should not spontaneously target good-aligned or neutral-aligned characters nor pets, though if provoked, some of them will retaliate regardless of the alignment of the attacker.
- Pets could attack flying characters.
- Faction upgrade store now works.
- Faction editing works again.
- Death touch not checking spell familiarity for determining damage boost
- Favoured Son of Earth not increasing Max HP
- Death by pet doesn't cause a "death" (no messages, Sires of Retribution doesn't cause a pet spawn, etc.).
- Soldiers of Endurance increasing MP instead of HP
- Zerg flag not triggering on alt sires pets
- Ghoul Rejuvenation cost is now 10 (was 15).
- Pets weren't triggering zerg flags in some instances.
- Aethersprites were able to heal through Curse of Blood.
- Fallen (as in <20MO) angelic casters don't lose access to spell casting
- Righteous attack and holy damage bonus now apply correctly to wards
- Righteous attack was applying against goods and neutrals (even without having HoZ).
- Righteous attack not applying vs. evil pets.
- Arcane Marksman was not giving +3 damage with firearms.
- Phylactery now working properly.
- Phasing costs too much MP on activation (now costs 10, was charging 15).
- Void Walker cross-planar stepping skills were not always dumping the Void Walker outside.
- Shadow of the Bat was providing the "Fly" button (it grants lesser flight).
- Morality was measured from +/-50 for figuring damage for setting strongholds while out of alignment (now measures from +/- 40).
- Bloodlust duration was not resetting on kill.
- Animus of Dust could be active alongside Shadow of the Bat and Wolf. Only one of these skill may be active at a time.
- Holy Fury was not causing defensive auras to trigger correctly. This has been fixed.
- Will-O-Wisps and Wights were immune to aura damage on a successful hit. This have been fixed.
- Way of Fast Hands was not autoreloading guns used to shoot doors or targets.
- Cloak of Air with Tornado was not autoreloading or charging MP to attack when target shooting and not charging MP on door/fort/ward bashing.
- Channelled Trail effect wasn't stacking in duration.
- Hidden energy adapted status was not being correctly applied when attack is against ward/door/glyph or pet.
- Holy Champions can no longer use Fly while under the influence of Cloak of Earth.
- Master of the Pack bonuses weren't being added to Nether-Grafted Hounds' fire attacks. This has been fixed.
- Virtual Enhanced Senses granted by Animus of the Bat/Wolf didn't allow attacking hidden characters - had to "search" to find them first.
- Crossbow of Cold Resolve was not charging HP for attacking wards/forts/doors/glyphs/target shooting.
- Nexal Return was not applying when attacking wards/forts/doors.
- Curse of Blood was not granting XP on successful hits.
- Shield of Faith was not causing MP loss when attacking wards/forts/doors.
- Rotten Crossbows could not be auto-reloaded via Cloak of Air.
- Pet attacks were incorrectly reporting the attacking pet name as the target name as well.
- Supplemental damage was not always causing XP to accumulate.
- Armor quality was affecting defense enchantments in the same way it affected soak enchantments. Defense enchantments now apply regardless of armor quality.
6/4/12 FACTION UPGRADES, PART I
Added the following options for faction renown purchases:
- Mana Rupture (25 renown) - Faction members are not charged daily MP upkeep for the stronghold; however, the stronghold will not auto-infuse.
- Mana Mend (25 renown) - Reverses the purchase of Mana Rupture (and Boon of Alonai, if purchased). Faction members are charged daily MP upkeep for the stronghold and the stronghold auto-infuses. PREREQUISITE: Mana Rupture.
- Boon of Alonai (50 renown) - Grants the Boon of Alonai to the faction. Members of the faction no longer gain combat XP. If the faction's stronghold is infused to 0 (or the tile is infused to another faction), attacks against non-faction-members in the stronghold tile do not grant XP. If a character leaves the faction, this persists for 24 hours. PREREQUISITE: Mana Rupture
- Flavor items (25 renown each):
- Art Gallery - There are several well-done peices of abstract art hanging in the gallery.
- Basketball Court - It is a full-court room with polished wooden floors.
- Dance Floor - It is a large room with a polished wood floor and a hanging disco ball.
- Day Care Center - It is a brightly-colored room filled with plastic toys and soft pillows.
- Game Room - The game room contains a billiards table and several arcade and pinball machines.
- Greenhouse - It is a hot, humid room, filled with rows of interesting looking plants.
- Hot Tub - It is a large heated hot tub.
- Koi Pond - It is a small pond filled with enormous goldfish.
- Planetarium - It is a black-walled room with a large telescope.
- Racquetball Court - It is a small, enclosed white-walled room.
- Rock Garden - It is a serene, spartan room that contains only rocks, sand, and a rake.
- Sparring Room - The floor is covered with padding and the walls are mirrored.
- Swimming Pool - It is an indoor swimming pool and the air is pungent with the scent of its chlorine.
- Theatre - It is a private screening room with a digital projector and a rocking sound system.
- Torture Chamber - It is a dark room with a sinister-looking table with manacles.
- Weight Room - It is a well furnished weight room, with several benches of free weights and machines.
- Wet Bar - It is a large, well-stocked wet bar with a few stools.
- Lead Paint - The next time a non-faction-member attempts to cast a glyph spell inside the stronghold, the lead paint upgrade absorbs the glyph, immediately destroying it. One layer of Lead Paint is consumed in the process. May be purchased multiple times.
- Spelltrap - The next time a non-faction-member attempts to cast a glyph spell inside the stronghold, the spelltrap is triggered, draining 25 MP from the caster. The spelltrap is consumed in the process.
LIMITED-DURATION UPGRADES - work for 24 hours after purchase.
- Favor of the Elders - For the next 24 hours, all faction members are treated as though their guild rank was one better than the factions infusions normally allow. This may allow faction members to be considered Rank One guild members.
- Homefield Advantage - Faction members gain +5% to search, hide, and attack chances on tiles infused to the faction.
- Homing Beacon - For the next 24 hours, so long as the faction stronghold exists and is not on the plane of Valhalla, nor in Pocket Space, all faction members will respawn within 10 tiles of the stronghold.
6/2/12 WHAT'S IN STORE?
(introduction of credit store)
- Characters no longer need to be at least level 10 to create a faction. They DO need to be at least level 10 to set up a stronghold.
- Faction stronghold locations are no longer always broadcast on faction pages. The following information will be displayed:
- Members of a faction always are shown the name of the tile, exact coordinates, and plane that their own stronghold resides on.
- Factions of level 7 or greater AND that have had a stronghold standing for at least 48 hours will have the name of the tile, exact coordinates, and plane that their own stronghold resides on displayed (i.e., no change).
- Factions of level 7 or greater that have had a stronghold standing for between 24 and 48 hours will have the neighborhood and plane (only) of the stronghold displayed.
- Factions of level 7 or greater that have had a stronghold standing for less than 24 hours will have only the plane of the stronghold displayed.
- Factions of level 4-6 that have had a stronghold standing for at least 48 hours will have the neighborhood and plane (only) of the stronghold displayed.
- Factions of level 4-6 that have had a stronghold standing for less than 48 hours will have only the plane of the stronghold displayed.
- Factions of level 3 or lower will have only the plane of the stronghold displayed, regardless of how long the stronghold has been standing.
QUALITY OF LIFE
- Total number of non-idle characters (those that have logged in within the past week) and active characters is now displayed in the right-hand pane (map/inventory pane).
- The labels of AP, HP, and Alignment of characters have been hyper-link-to-the-wiki-fied.
- The link to change your character page's avatar has been moved to the Credit Store instead of staying on your character page.
The credit store is now open! It is accessible through your character screen once you have logged in (next to the "Purchase Skills" button) to a character. Following are the available options:
- Rename your Character (100 Credits): Just what it says on the tin. The renaming is permanent.
- Aspect Locking (25 Credits): "Freezes" your character on the current aspect - the character will always respawn with the same aspect has he/she currently has. This persists across breaths.
- Premium Aspects (varies): Allows you to pick a premium aspect not available normally. Aspect Lock is included with this purchase. Purchasing a second Premium aspect causes the first Premium Aspect to be lost. Unlocking a premium aspect may also cause it to be lost. This persists across breaths.
- Custom Spells (200 Credits): Allows you to rename and customize a spell you already know. Also includes the option to "Allow this spell to be randomly discovered in spellgems" - this option will persist breath-to-breath, so if you want your spell to become more widely used, you can use this option. Custom spells a character possesses are lost at the end of a breath, though if you have clicked the option to allow discovery in spellgems, you will be able to find it in spellgems in subsequent breaths.
- Renaming of Items (100 Credits): Allows you to rename (almost) any item. These items should not be drop-able or be lost through death breakage (though if you rename throw-able or consumable items and throw or consume them they are lost). Everything except Fist and Kick will be lost at the end of the breath.
- Mundane Clothing Purchase (varies): Hate having to search for the perfect outfit for your character? Quickly put together the exact outfit you want. These disappear at the end of the breath.
- Premium Clothing Purchase (varies): Special items that cannot be found by searching. Selection is initially very limited but will expand as time goes on. These do NOT disappear at the end of the breath.
- Prefixes, Suffixes, and Domains: Purchase extra descriptive titles for your character. These purchases persist across breaths.
NOTABLE BUG FIXES
- Darksoul Cabal bonuses now apply to pet rejuvenation.
- Mantle of Vrykokalas has an activation (and deactivation) button.
- Animus of the Bat and Wolf can now attack invisible/hidden characters.
- Animus of the Dust should provide coordinates
- "Gusting" with Cloak of Air was allowing characters to go into negative MP.
- Death due to supplemental damage should now trigger a death (including Sire Spawn and EM, if applicable).
- Stepping of the Stone now always causes characters to appear outside.
- Death by pet should now trigger a death (including Sire Spawn and EM, if applicable).
- All pets were healing if they hit a Will-O-Wisp. This has been corrected.
- Will-O-Wisp and Wights can no longer heal through Sorcerers Might or Curse of Blood and do not reduce the duration of these effects.
- Cloak of Steel should now allow damage type changing ("Steel Slash, Steel Pierce, Steel Impact").
- Way of Vim should now correctly adjust inventory on "give" actions and "retrieve from safe" actions.
- Heavy Lifting part of Tattoo of Inner Strength should work.
- Harbinger of War should be accumulating for attacks using any melee weapon. Was granting damage and attack bonus to melee and sword weapons, but not accumulating bonus except on sword weapons. (Harbinger of War is melee support.)
- Wytchfire and Agony Curse were giving XP from damaged factionmates.
5/15/12 REVENANT REMIX
(changes to existing skills in red):
- One With Death abilities have been added to Strength of Darkness (Revenant's free skill). 30 CP refunds given to characters with One with Death.
- Natural Predator becomes a 30 CP skill. Those who have purchased it receive 30 CP refunds.
- Blood Frenzy moves to become a 60 CP child of Strength of Darkness.
- Animus of the Bat becomes a "direct upgrade" to Shadow of the Bat.
- Feeding Fangs no longer synergizes with Bite attack.
- Umbral Sword and Eye of Death move to be child skills of Shadow of the Dust.
- 1 AP, 10 MP to activate. Lasts 15 minutes, maintenance cost 3 MP per 15 minutes.
- 10% defense bonus
- Character cannot interact with doors.
- Character cannot make attacks.
- Character cannot use inventory items.
- Character has lesser flight (half-cost movement).
- (Same activation as Shadow of the Bat)
- 15% defense bonus
- Character gains +1 damage to HTH attacks (was: +1 with HTH/melee)
- Character has Enhanced Senses equivalent if the skill was not purchased as a Myrmidon.
- Character can see and interact with invisible characters on his own tile.
- Character has lesser flight (half-cost movement).
- Restrictions on attacks, doors, inventory removed.
MANTLE OF VRYKOLAKAS (60 CP CHILD OF FEEDING FANGS)
- 1 AP, 10 MP to activate, lasts 15 minutes. May be stacked.
- Fangs damage type becomes arcane damage.
Animus of the Wolf becomes a direct upgrade to Shadow of the Wolf, as follows:
SHADOW OF THE WOLF 1 AP, 10 MP to activate. Lasts 15 minutes, maintenance cost of 3 MP per 15 minutes.
- Gains "Bite" attack that deals 8 points of Piercing damage
- Loses access to all other weapons except Feeding Fangs (if character has the skill)
- Cannot heal others, make repairs, craft items, interact with doors, nor use their inventory
- Gains +5% defense.
- Character gains "fast movement" (spends 1 AP every other move action).
ANIMUS OF THE WOLF (Direct Upgrade to Shadow of the Wolf)
- Character gains a +2 damage bonus to HTH attacks in Wolf Form.
- Character gains a +1 damage bonus to non-heavy melee attacks in Wolf Form. He gains a further +1 damage bonus to Heavy Melee attacks while in Wolf Form.
- Character gains a +10% defense bonus.
- Character has the equivalent of Enhanced Senses, if skill was not purchased as a Myrmidon.
- Character has access to his Bite attack as per Shadow of the Wolf.
- Character loses access to ranged attacks (but otherwise retains access to his inventory).
- Character gains +5% to hit with Heavy Weapons regardless of current form.
HEART OF THE WOLF (60 CP child of Shadow of the Wolf)
- Character gains +5% to hit with Heavy Melee Weapons, regardless of current form.
- Maintenance Cost for Shadow/Animus of the Wolf is reduced to 2 MP per 15 minutes.
- Each time the character scores a hit on another character while Shadow of the Wolf or Animus of the Wolf is active, he gains 1 MP (cannot exceed maximum).
BLOOD OF THE WOLF (60 CP child of Shadow of the Wolf)
- Character gains +5% to hit with Heavy Melee Weapons, regardless of current form.
- Character heals 1 hit point per action taken while Shadow/Animus of the Wolf is active.
SHADOW OF THE DUST (30 CP)
- Character gains 25% damage resistance to impact, slashing, and piercing attacks (closest thing the Revenant is going to get to innate armor).
- Character's maximum hit points are *reduced* by 10.
- Character does not leave a corpse upon his own death.
- If the Revenant is killed, the Revenant can see the location, including plane, of the killer for the next 24 hours (in the Eye of Death pane, does not require Eye of Death) or until the Revenant kills that character, whichever comes first.
ANIMUS OF THE DUST (60 CP child of Shadow of the Dust)
- Toggle skill, 1 AP and 10 MP to activate, lasts 15 minutes, Maintenance Cost of 3 MP per additional 15 minutes.
- Melee attacks deal an additional +2 damage and gain +10% to hit while toggle is active.
- If the character has an Umbral Sword, each hit with the sword heals the character by the full amount of MP drained from the target while toggle is active.
- If the Revenant hits a character in single combat, he can track them regardless of plane (as per Shadow of Dust) for 12 hours or until he kills them (whichever comes first).
NOTABLE BUG FIXES:
- (Nexus Champion) Tattoo of Adaptation now properly applying "adapted to" status.
- (Lich) Skeletons now cost the proper amount (MP and corpse) to summon.
- (Holy Champion) Avenging/Cleansing light now deal the proper amount of damage.
- (Nexus Champion) Tattoo of Inner Strength now allows Heavy Lifting.
- (Advocate, Conduit, Dark Oppressor) Enchanted items should no longer stack in inventories.
- (Divine Herald) Harbinger of War now increases damage for melee weapons. Using hand-to-hand or ranged weapons do not cause increases by design.
- (Dark Oppressor, Doom Howler) Agony Curse and Wytchfire no longer grant XP when used on factionmates.
- (Lightspeaker) Brother's Bond summon formula now re-weighted; still summons 2-4 sprites, but instead of an average of 3 summoned, an average of 2.5 are summoned.
QUALITY OF LIFE:
- Encumbered message now shows up in the "Red Error Message" area at the top of the screen (more visible now).
- Angel Tears have been replaced with Healing Herbs across all alchemical recipes. Angel Tears are no longer considered an alchemical component. Healing Herbs are.
- Confirm button highlighted in red when purchasing skills.
FACTION GAMEPLAY CHANGES:
- Attacks that deal unholy damage now deal +5 damage to good and neutral factional wards (applied after multipliers for tier).
- Attacks that deal arcane damage now deal +5 damage to good and evil factional wards (applied after multipliers for tier).
- Attacks that deal holy damage now deal +5 damage to evil and neutral factional wards (applied after multipliers for tier).
- Stronghold wards with at least 80% of their "full" hit points (i.e., based on infusion level) act as Glyphs of Slowing and Sapping to all characters inside of the stronghold that are not members of the faction (this effect does not stack with the effects of existing Glyphs, so a character subject to both a Glyph and inside another faction's stronghold with the ward at 80% or more of full strength will only be charged an additional 1 AP and MP per action, not two).
CHANGES TO EXISTING SKILLS:
- Activating Shield of Faith (Paladin) now cancels any Harbinger of War or Harbinger of Conquest active on the character.
- Activating Defensive Stance (Paladin) now cancels any Harbinger of War or Harbinger of Conquest active on the character.
- Enervate (Pariah) has been changed to the following:
- Charged attack, 5 MP to activate (no additional AP).
- On a hit, target receives the "Enervated" status effect for 5 minutes.
- "Enervated" status effect now grants the character a -10% to defense if the target is at fewer than full hit points. If the character is at 50% or fewer than full hit points, this increases to -15%. If the character is at 25% or fewer than full hit points, this increases to -20%.
- Rend Flesh (Pariah) has been changed to the following:
- If the character attacks a target under the influence of the "Enervated" status effect, the character gains a +1 damage bonus if the target is at fewer than full hit points. If the target is at 50% or fewer hit points, this increases to +2. If the target is at 25% or fewer hit points, this increases to +3.
- Blessing of Inspiration (Advocate) now grants passive immunity to unholy damage.
- Blade of Light (Archon) now costs 1 MP per attack.
- Dispelling Blade (Archon) has been changed to the following:
- Adds +2 to all sword attacks.
- Attacks made against stronghold wards by the character's Blade of Light deal an additional 5 points of damage.
- Eye of Judgment (Archon) now costs 3 MP per attack (was 2).
- Dread Gaze (Archon) lowers Eye of Judgment cost to 2 MP per attack (was 1).
- The Archon gains an item in inventory, "Prayer Beads." Cannot be dropped, given, etc. Comes into being with 10 charges.
- Prayer Beads can be "recharged" at a cost of 1 AP and 12 MP (done in the inventory tab) to a maximum of 10 charges.
- Prayer Beads may be used (in the skills pane) at a cost of 1 AP to use any number of charges (up to 10). When used, the Archon gains 5 times the number of charges used in MP (cannot go over max) and gains the "Rapturous Chant" status for a number of minutes equal to the number of charges used.
- While under the effects of "Rapturous Chant" the Archon may not speak, use bullhorns, or Song of the Word.
- Energy Flare (Conduit) now costs 2 MP to use (was 0).
- Corrosive Horns (Dark Oppressor) now deal +9 damage when used to attack wards (was "double damage").
- Activating Harbinger of War (Divine Herald) now cancels any Shield of Faith or Defensive Stance active on the character.
- Activating Harbinger of Conquest (Divine Herald) now cancels any Shield of Faith or Defensive Stance active on the character.
- Removed Martial Spellcraft from the Nexus Champion's skill tree.
- Character gains charged attack that overwrites the damage amount and damage type of a thrown weapon or archery attack with any spell he knows. Spell familiarity does not apply to this base damage amount.
- Damage boosts and accuracy boost that would normally apply to the weapon (e.g., +2 damage bonus from Strength for thrown weapons, +1 for Strong Attack, etc.) still apply.
- Cost of the Charged attack is equal to 1/3 the spell's spontaneous MP cost, rounded up.
- When making an attack with a thrown weapon, the weapon is consumed.
- Tattoo of Inner Strength (Nexus Champion) has been changed, thus:
- No longer grants +10 Hit Points.
- Character gains toggle ability "Heavy Lifting" - 1 AP, 8 MP to activate, 1 MP every 15 minutes to maintain (may not be activated if already active).
- While "Heavy Lifting" is in effect, character gains +25 inventory space.
- Toggle can be activated while the character is encumbered.
- Arcane Shot (Wizard) now grants a passive +3 damage bonus to firearms. When using the charge attack (only), ammo is not consumed when charged attack is used.
- Arcane Siphon (Wizard) now grants passive +2 damage bonus to firearms. When using the charge attack, damage bonus equal the the Wizard's Spell Familiarity bonus with the chosen damage type is added to the damage. When the charged attack is used against stronghold wards, it no longer deals double damage; instead, the Spell Familiarity bonus is added a second time (if the charged attack was used to deal arcane damage, the attack deals 5 additional damage to wards instead of adding the Spell Familiarity bonus a second time).
NOTABLE BUG FIXES:
- Wizard skills that were supposed to grant +2 damage to spells were instead granting +4.
- Corner Step into a building no longer ignores Glyphs of Protection vs. Evil.
- Characters on Water tiles do not regenerate AP unless they are also swimming. Characters on Void tiles do not regenerate AP.
- Fixed Interface problems with clicking on a character's name not selecting them in Give and Heal menus.
- Stronghold planes are now displayed when a Stronghold is invoked/revoked.
- Corner Stepping no longer charges 2 AP per move when crossing water.
- Wisp Form now deactivates when the character reaches 0 MP.
- Pet retaliatory attacks when their master is attacked are now always made against the attacking character, not the "Current target."
- Favor of GNak pet rejuvenation on kill now applied after the AP/MP cost to attack is incurred.
- Various interactions of healing items and skills with Sorcerers Might should now display and work properly.
- Fixed Potion of Waterbreathing early expiration (insta-drown) bug.
- One with Death uses game day night cycles not plane day/night status
- Aether Manipulation not letting you see in all spell details in inventory, safe and footlocker
- Way of Vim causes no inventory size check to be made when removing items from faction safes.
- No Encumberance check on removing items from footlockers
- Spell gem affinity reduction not displayed
- Invisibility status not correctly ending on drowning
- Apostrophe bug has returned for bullhorns
- Glyph erasure spells can't be pattern weaved
- Wisp Form doesn't deactivate at 0MP
- Tentacles took wrong damage from an aura
- Conduits not getting aspects on respawn
- Spell cast on wards/forts do not have their MP cost reduced correctly with Taint, Sanctify Spell, and Guild bonuses.
- Crafting Police Riot Armor doesn't use up the plastic
- Prayer result Sanctuary no longer hides you
- Possible to create character without starting skill
- Surgery doesn't reduce SM duration, if duration >15 minutes
- Way of Fast Hands not autoreloading guns used to shoot doors (or targets).
- Potions don't check you have multiples of components
- No message of empty weapon when target shooting
- Hatchets not appearing on the smithing "Craft Item" dropdown.
QUALITY OF LIFE
- The outer planes have been opened.
- Planar Guilds and their shrines have been activated.
- Some portals are restricted to angels, demons, or neither. If you are of the wrong "class" for the portal, you will be unable to use it.
- Searching at night inflicts a -10% penalty to "normal" search chances (this is not new, just a clarification).
- Demons searching in Gehenna receive a +15% bonus to search chances (stacks with the nighttime search penalty to result in a net +5% chance).
- Revenants searching at nighttime - including in Gehenna - receive a +20% bonus to search chances (stacks with the nighttime search penalty to result in a net +10% chance). They receive a -10% penalty to searches during the daytime.
- Wizard skill Magical Reserves grants +2 to spell (not spellgem) damage in addition to previous MP increase function.
- Angels or demons shifting morality out of the "acceptable" range causes pets and status effects related to their class to immediately be lost/end.
- Daggers have been removed from the game. All existing Daggers have been converted to Carving Knives.
- Vials of Acid can no longer be found. Existing vials will remain until used.
- Throwing Knife damage reduced from 5 to 3.
- Torch damage reduced from 8 to 6. Also gets 10 shots from a can of fuel instead of 20.
- Infusion on Sea tiles has been wiped out.
Implemented the following exploration badges:
- Eresius Rest
- Shades of Grey
- The Crypt of Maeval
- Paradise Lost
- Harmonious Joining
- Four Winds
- Shades of Black
- Fire and Ice
IMPORTANT BUG FIXES:
- Conduit's Cleave Portal skill now fixed.
- Pets now use the Master's morality when checking to see how much morality shift should take place during an attack.
(Plus another hundred or so, many of which were found by Sihoiba on the dev server without ever being reported here. Sihoiba is bugs' worst enemy.)
- Glyphs were lasting 25 hours instead of 2.5.
QUALITY OF LIFE
- Updated "Planner" and "Ultramap" links with fresher links.
- Characters of level 9 or lower now deal double-damage to stronghold wards (only).
- Characters of level 10-19 now deal 150% normal damage to stronghold wards (only).
- Portal Bending is restricted as follows:
- Strongholds on Valhalla and in Pocket Space do NOT allow for portal bending to reach the stronghold.
- Glyphs of Protection may only be cast inside of a Stronghold tile if the caster is a member of the faction that owns the stronghold. Glyphs of Protection may only be cast outside of a Stronghold tile if the caster is a member of the faction that owns the stronghold OR if the stronghold ward is in a state of breach (i.e., the ward is at 0 HP).
- Adjusted guilds as follows:
- Second Class members of the Knot of Keepers now gain a +6% defense bonus while under the Healing Grace status effect (was +5%).
- A character that selects the Adamant Kinship as his guild is immediately removed from his faction. A character that has already selected the Adamant Kinship as his guild may not join or create a faction.
- Factionless characters and characters in the Heavenly Host and Infernal Horde are always considered to be "First-Class" guild members.
- In order for a character in any other faction to be considered a "Second-Rank" guild member, his faction must have at least 3 karma points per capita (i.e., a faction with 5 members must have at least 15 karma for its members to be considered "Second Class"). If the faction is currently without a stronghold, the amount of karma required for a character to be considered "Second Class" is doubled. If a given character is one place "out of step" with his faction's alignment (e.g., a Neutral character in a Good or Evil faction), this number is increased by 150% in order for that character (only). If a character's alignment is diametrically opposed to his faction, this number is trebled. The "out of alignment" and "without a stronghold" multipliers may both apply, so a character diametrically opposed to his faction's alignment and without a faction stronghold needs his faction to have 3x3x2 = 18 karma per capita in order to be considered "Second Class." If the faction does not have sufficient karma, the character is considered "Third Class" and gains the bonuses associated therewith.
- Guild "shrines" to allow characters to join guilds are located on the Outer Planes (i.e., not Valhalla and not Pocket Space). These planes will open when it becomes desirable to do so.
- Agony Curse damage has been reduced to 2 damage (Tier 2, was 3) and 3 damage (Tier 3, was 6).
- Eye of Judgment damage has been reduced to 10 (Was 12).
- Forceful Punishment no longer doubles supplemental damage from Dread Gaze.
- Infusion XP has been halved (infusing now grants 1 XP per 2 AP/MP spent; claiming an uninfused tile grants 2 XP, flipping a tile grants 5 XP).
QUALITY OF LIFE
- Disabled level 1-2 characters spawning in The Pit (rationale: the pit is small and ugly - visually, it's not an appealing place to start the game... this was offset when it was a target-rich environment but no more). They now spawn in Valhalla.
- Scratchpad should now accept apostrophes and quotes.
- Avatar uploading error checking has been improved and messages added for errors that may occur on avatar uploading.
- Icons for Glyphs added to the map.
- Icons are "Brick Walls" - the border around the bricks indicates the type of Glyph.
- White borders indicate Glyphs vs. Good.
- Grey borders indicate Glyphs vs. Neutral.
- Black borders indicate Glyphs vs. Evil.
- When Glyphs vs. multiple alignment types are present in a tile, the borders will be split across half (or one-third, if all three types are present) the icon.
- Glyphs of Protection have purple bricks and are located in the "top center" of a tile (between the "stronghold" and "tile type" overlays).
- Glyphs of Pain have red bricks and are located in the "left center" of a tile (between the "stronghold" and "portal/infusion" overlays).
- Glyphs of Sapping have blue bricks and are located in the "right center" of a tile (between the "tile type" and "power state" overlays).
- Glyphs of Slowing have green bricks and are located in the "bottom center" of a tile (between the "portal/infusion" and "power state" overlays).
- Some area of effect attacks were not providing messages properly. This has been fixed.
- Explosive Murder now occurs - and displays properly - on death of pariahs with the skill.
- Defiler Poison should no longer persist on mortals (was persisting if the killing blow was a Poisoning attack).
- Shotguns should be able to be reloaded with a single shell in inventory.
- Having multiple bullhorns in inventory no longer disables bullhorn use.
- Prayer costs 3 AP without Devout Supplication.
- Amphetamines allow a character to exceed his maximum Action Points.
- Give and Healing dropdowns (and spell casting) should now remember the last target.
- A few dozen other bug patches applied to Tier 3 classes based on bugs found on Dev.
12/28/11 Grand Overhaul
A large number of code tweaks and bug fixes are not listed in the changelog for the sake of readability. Not every change is listed here, but these are the changes that should have a noticeable effect on gameplay. There are of course a number of Easter Eggs and new features that have NOT been included here and are left for the player base to discover.
- Increased decay chance on armor to 4% chance of degradation per hit (was 3%).
- Changed RNG implementation to lessen "streakiness" (using mt_rand in lieu of rand).
- Global announcement is made any time a character receives an achievement badge that results in CP gain.
- Introduced "per breath" Achievement Badges for statistical landmarks. Characters who reach a landmark of 500 (50,000 for damage dealt, damage taken, and hit points healed) receive a badge and 5 CP. Characters who reach a landmark of 1000 (100,000 for damage dealt, damage taken, and hit points healed) receive a badge and 10 CP. These badge names will be different every breath. These are "in addition to" career Achievement Badges.
- Completely rebuilt pets and pet logic.
- Rewrote pet targeting logic, particularly for angelic pets (which no longer target characters of inappropriate morality).
- Introduced "pet ticks" - pets now attack every 10 seconds, regardless of whether a status tick occurs.
- Attacking a pet causes only that pet - not all others controlled by that master - to immediately retaliate (other pets will attack on the "pet tick" every 10 seconds). Attacking the master still causes all of his pets in that location to immediately retaliate (retaliations are in addition to the "pet tick" every 10 seconds).
- Elevator costs for pets have been removed completely.
- (Most) pets lose 1 AP every AP tick (NOT every status tick). This is referred to as "pet decay" and represents the slow loss over time of the magic that binds the pet to the master (in the same way that using magic to cast a spell that grants a status effect to the caster decays and eventually expires over time).
- Pet Rejuvenation now returns a pet's HP and MP to full and adds an amount of AP equal to the AP when the pet is summoned (i.e., AP stacks, MP and HP usually overlap).
- EXAMPLE: Zombies have 90 AP, 40 MP, 40 HP when summoned. If a lich summons a zombie and logs in 12 hours (48 AP ticks) later, the zombie will have 42 AP, 40 MP, and 40 HP. If the lich rejuvenates the zombie, the zombie will add 90 AP to its current total, bringing it to 132 AP, 40 MP, and 40 HP. If, for instance, a zombie had 34 AP, 28 MP, and 12 HP, its MP a rejuvenation would add 90 AP and restore it to full HP and MP (total 124 AP, 40 MP, 40 HP).
- Portal icons are now visible on the map for tiles with portals on them.
- Character morality spectrum no longer runs from -50 to +50. It runs instead from -40 to +40. Characters with moralities between -50 and -41 have been changed to a morality of -40. Character with moralities above 40 have been changed to a morality of 40.
- Implemented new attack type, touch attack. Touch attacks have a flat to-hit chance that is not improved by Hand-to-Hand combat, Martial Arts, or Advanced Martial Arts skills. It is considered a "close combat" attack and as such subjects the character to defensive auras on the target and the target's dodge bonus applies.
- Dose of Painkillers effect "on Painkillers" now lasts 6 minutes rather than 6 AP ticks. Multiple uses overlap (not stack).
- Dose of Amphetamines effect "Twitchy" now lasts 2 minutes rather than 3 AP ticks. Multiple uses stack.
- Flying Potion and Planar Protection potions now last 30 minutes (instead of status ticks), duration stacks.
- Demonic spellcasters may no longer learn electric-type spells from spellgems as this displeases the Elder Powers.
- Angelic spellcasters may not learn acid-type spells as this displeases the Elder Powers.
- When a Nexus Champion teleports, a Wizard blinks, or a Wyrm Master leaps into a location, all characters in that location will receive a notification message unless the teleporting/blinking/leaping character is invisible.
- Alchemy recipes now have one "fixed" ingredient that is always contained in the recipe. This may be discovered via experimentation, but clues may be found in other locations as well.
- New aspects added for mortals.
- Added Acid Affinity potion.
- Cold, Death, Electric, Fire, Holy, and Unholy Resistance potions have become Affinity potions.
- Affinity potions last for 25 status ticks and grant both immunity to the appropriate damage type AND a +2 damage bonus with all attacks that use that damage type.
- Heavy Weapons now receive a -20% penalty to attack rolls (was -10%).
- Double-Barrelled Shotgun now adds +9 to damage, rather than doubling damage.
- Enchanting of Items has changed subtly. Before, each enchantment had a duration, and all uses of an enchanted weapon removed one from every enchantment's duration, causing most items to have all of their enchantments expire at nearly the same time. This has been altered under the hood; the net outward effect is that the only most recent enchantment will see its duration reduced; when it expires the "new most recent" enchantment will reduce in duration, etc.
- Attacks that deal multiple damage types now all grant "supplemental" damage to the base attack. Only one type of supplemental damage is ever applied to a target; if multiple sources exist, the "highest damage value" based on raw numbers (independent of target soak/immunity) is used.
- Expert Blade Combat has been renamed to "Hold Bladed Edge."
- Axes, Shotguns, fire damage, and similar no longer deal extra damage to doors, fortifications, etc..
QUALITY OF LIFE
- Added "S" and "A" as "HTML AccessKeys" for "Search" and "Attack." In Firefox, Alt+Shift+S and Alt+Shift+A do this. For other browsers, see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Access_key
- Offensive spells learned should now appear in the character's "weapons" dropdown.
- Finished compressing all attacks into a single unified dropdown. This includes innate attacks, spells, spellgems, and weapons. The combat pane will continue to have one dropdown for targeting characters and another one for pets.
- Implemented new CSS Style Sheet on "NukeNews" (default) theme to heighten contrast in some areas (thanks to LoganRuns).
- Implemented 1000-character "Scratchpad" sidebar for storing notes and other items.
- Confirmation is now required for purchasing skills and learning spells (CP expenditures).
- Removed per-player limit on number of factioned characters.
- Faction maximum ward strength has been increased to 2 times the amount of infusion on the stronghold tile (i.e., doubled ward strengths).
- Fortifications can now be built by any character. One AP building fortifications erects 5 points of fortifications.
- The following skills each add 5 to the amount of fortifications erected: Strength (Mortal), Tattoo of Strength (Nexus Champion), Fiendish Bulk (Infernal Behemoth), Cloak of Earth (Holy Champion).
- The Structural Engineering skill doubles the amount of fortifications each AP erects (applied after applicable skills).
- Factions no longer select "Primary" and "Secondary" faction bonuses. Instead, a faction's infusions increase the Planar Guild Standing of its members.
- Planar Guilds may not be joined by a character that has not selected a Tier 2 class (in fact, the Planar Shrines will be invisible to such characters).
- 24 hours after Planar Guild, a character gains the bonuses associated with that guild. If a character enters or leaves a faction, his bonuses are suppressed for 24 hours as well (this is a "cooling" period).
- By default, a factioned character has "Third Class" Standing in his Planar Guild when he joins it.
- A faction's infusions may increase a factioned character's Standing to "Second Class" while the faction's stronghold stands.
- Factionless characters are considered to have "First Class" Standing with their guild, having declined to split their loyalties among a guild and a faction.
- The Planar Guilds follow:
- Accord of the Sun-touched
- Members gain access to "Sun-touched Strike" charged attack. This costs 8 MP and converts the damage to holy damage. On a killing blow, the MP cost is refunded (i.e., the charged attack is free).
- Second Class Standing reduces the cost of Sun-touched Strike to 4 MP.
- First Class Standing reduces the cost of Sun-touched Strike to 2 MP.
- Adamant Kinship
- Members of the Adamant Kinship are not permitted to join factions (and thus are always considered to have First Class Standing).
- Members gain +3 Soak and +2 damage while on the plane of Petra (Valhalla). In addition, they always spawn in Petra.
- Darksoul Cabal
- Members receive a 5% reduction in MP costs for spells, skills, and the like. In addition, if the character would be afflicted by any "undesirable" status effect (e.g., Defiler Poison), there is a 5% chance that the debuff is ignored (i.e., not applied).
- Second Class Standing grants 10% instead of 5% to the above.
- First Class Standing grants 15% instead of 5% to the above.
- Fist of Sanguinity
- Members gain access to the "Sanguine Strike" charged attack. This costs 8 MP and converts the damage to a random damage type. On a killing blow, the MP cost is refunded (i.e., the charged attack is free).
- Second Class Standing reduces the cost of Sanguine Strike to 4 MP.
- First Class Standing reduces the cost of Sanguine Strike to 2 MP.
- Fraternity of Wondercraft
- Third Class Standing: Repair Item costs are reduced by 1 AP. Crafting Item costs are reduced by 2 AP. Enchanting Item costs are reduced by 2 AP. MP Cost for enchanting items is reduced by 5%.
- Second Class Standing: Repair Item costs are reduced by 2 AP. Crafting Item costs are reduced by 4 AP. Enchanting Item costs are reduced by 4 AP. MP Cost for enchanting items is reduced by 10%.
- First Class Standing: Repair Item costs are reduced by 3 AP. Crafting Item costs are reduced by 6 AP. Enchanting Item costs are reduced by 6 AP. MP Cost for enchanting items is reduced by 15%.
- Knot of Keepers
- Members gain a +3 bonus to the amount of damage healed. After a successful heal, the character gains the "Healing Grace" status effect for a number of minutes equal to the HP healed. Healing Grace grants a +3% defense bonus.
- Second Class Standing increases the damage healed bonus to +6 and the Healing Grace defense bonus to +5%.
- First Class Standing increases the damage healed bonus to +10 and the Healing Grace defense bonus to +10%.
- Monks of the Unbound Mind
- The duration of beneficial status effects placed on the character is increased by 5%.
- Second Class Standing changes the duration increase to 10%.
- First Class Standing changes the duration increase to 15%.
- Opal Syndicate
- Grants a +5% bonus to find items when Searching. In addition, HP, AP, and MP costs to use portals are each reduced by 1 (minimum 0).
- Second Class Standing increases the Search bonus to +10% and the portal cost discount to 2.
- First Class Standing increases the Search bonus to +15% and the portal cost discount to 3.
- Order of Key-la
- Grants a +5% bonus to all Hide attempts. In addition, the character gains +3% defense while hidden.
- Second Class Standing increases this to +10% to hide and a +5% defense bonus while hidden.
- First Class Standing increases this to +15% to hide and a +10% defense bonus while hidden.
- Sect of Maevel
- Members gain access to "Morbid Strike" charged attack. This costs 8 MP and converts the damage to death damage. On a killing blow, the MP cost is refunded (i.e., the charged attack is free).
- Second Class Standing reduces the cost of Morbid Strike to 4 MP.
- First Class Standing reduces the cost of Morbid Strike to 2 MP.
- Sires of Retribution
- When the character is killed, a special pet spawns in the character's location. This pet is set to "aggressive" and the character is considered to be the pet's master for purposes of XP gain. The pet despawns when the character respawns.
- Third Class Standing summons a Writhing Tentacle (5 impact damage at 55% accuracy, 20 HP/MP/AP).
- Second Class Standing summons a Spiked Tentacle (7 piercing damage at 65% accuracy, 30 HP/MP/AP).
- First Class Standing summons a Gibbering Flesh (9 death damage at 75% accuracy, 40 HP/MP/AP).
Editors Note: All changes to classes and existing skills have been omitted for reasons of space. Full Changelog 
- Katars have been removed from the game.
- Implemented new item, Set of Spiked Knuckles. Spiked Knuckles may be equipped. If equipped, they cause the character's Fist attacks to deal piercing damage instead of impact damage and grant +1 to the character's normal Fist damage. A character cannot simultaneously wear Spiked Knuckles and Brass Knuckles.
- All spells using the Hand-to-Hand tree have been removed from the game.
- Lich skills no longer increase the character's familiarity bonus with Death spells.
- Introduced "Auto-hit" Spells. These are ranged spells that automatically hit their target unless the effect is altered/prevented by another skill or effect, for example, Spell Parry or Spell Turning (or the Zerg Flag).
- (Variant spells yet to be added, only basic spells currently available)
- ACID BASIC SPELLS (Chance to degrade target's armor on a hit is increased by 4%)
- Acid Dart - 4 MP to cast, 4 damage (auto-hit), 11 CP to learn.
- Bilious Purge - 7 MP to cast, 12 damage, 17 CP to learn, restricted to Tier 3 characters.
- Caustic Bolt - 8 MP to cast, 7 damage (auto-hit), 16 CP to learn, restricted to Tier 3 characters
- Corrosive Glance - 3 MP to cast, 6 damage, 7 CP to learn.
- Noxious Globule - 5 MP to cast, 9 damage, 12 CP to learn.
- Acrid Vapors - 12 MP to cast, 14 CP to learn, duration is changed to (5 plus acid familiarity bonus) status ticks
- COLD BASIC SPELLS (Ignore one point of Cold soak)
- Arctic Bolt - 8 MP to cast, 6 damage (auto-hit), 14 CP to learn, restricted to Tier 3 characters
- Frost Charge - 12 MP to cast, 12 CP to learn, duration is changed to (5 plus cold familiarity bonus) status ticks
- Frostbite - 3 MP to cast, 5 damage, 5 CP to learn
- Glacierblast - 7 MP to cast, 11 damage, 15 CP to learn, restricted to Tier 3 characters
- Ice Dart - 4 MP to cast, 3 damage (auto-hit), 9 CP to learn
- Ice Strike - 5 MP to cast, 8 damage, 10 CP to learn
- DEATH BASIC SPELLS (Damage floor of 2 instead of 1)
- Death Dart - 4 MP to cast, 3 damage (auto-hit), 10 CP to learn
- Death Mantle - 12 MP to cast, 13 CP to learn, duration is changed to (5 plus death familiarity bonus) status ticks
- Lifesnuff - 5 MP to cast, 8 damage, 11 CP to learn
- Necrotic Ray - 3 MP to cast, 5 damage, 6 CP to learn
- Pallid Bolt - 8 MP to cast, 6 damage (auto-hit), 15 CP to learn, restricted to Tier 3 characters
- Thanatoid Gaze - 7 MP to cast, 11 damage, 16 CP to learn, restricted to Tier 3 characters
- ELECTRIC BASIC SPELLS (+5% to hit)
- Cloudburst - 5 MP to cast, 9 damage, 12 CP to learn
- Lightning Dart - 4 MP to cast, 4 damage (auto-hit), 11 CP to learn
- Shocking Grasp - 3 MP to cast, 6 damage, 7 CP to learn
- Static Charge - 12 MP to cast, 14 CP to learn, duration is changed to (5 plus electric familiarity bonus) status ticks
- Thunderbolt - 8 MP to cast, 7 damage (auto-hit), 16 CP to learn, restricted to Tier 3 characters
- Thunderstrike - 7 MP to cast, 12 damage, 17 CP to learn, restricted to Tier 3 characters
- FIRE BASIC SPELLS
- Firestrike - 3 MP to cast, 6 damage, 4 CP to learn
- Fire Dart - 4 MP to cast, 4 damage (auto-hit), 8 CP to learn
- Flame Bolt - 8 MP to cast, 7 damage (auto-hit), 13 CP to learn, restricted to Tier 3 characters
- Flame Charge - 12 MP to cast, 11 CP to learn, duration is changed to (5 plus fire familiarity bonus) status ticks
- Smoldering Bolt - 5 MP to cast, 9 damage, 9 CP to learn
- Sunflare - 7 MP to cast, 12 damage, 14 CP to learn, restricted to Tier 3 characters
- IMPACT BASIC SPELLS
- Rain of Stones - 3 MP to cast, 7 damage, 3 CP to learn
- Stone Dart - 4 MP to cast, 5 damage, 7 CP to learn
- Battering Ram - 5 MP to cast, 10 damage, 8 CP to learn
- Force Bolt - 8 MP to cast, 8 damage (auto-hit), 12 CP to learn, restricted to Tier 3 characters
- Force Focus - 7 MP to cast, 13 damage, 13 CP to learn, restricted to Tier 3 characters
- Stonefury - 12 MP to cast, 10 CP to learn, duration is changed to (5 plus impact familiarity bonus) status ticks
Duration of Water Breathing changed to 30 minutes (stacks).
- IMPLEMENTED NEW SPELL TYPE - GLYPH SPELLS
- Glyphs of Protection, Pain, Slowing, and Sapping exist, and are tuned to alignments (for example, "Glyph of Protection vs. Good"). Glyphs work as follows:
- Glyph of Pain - all AP-using actions taken by a character of the affected alignment cause the character to take 1 point of damage. (Cost: 12 MP to cast, 12 CP to learn)
- Glyph of Slowing - all actions taken by a character of the affected alignment cost an additional AP. (Cost: 15 MP to cast, 15 CP to learn)
- Glyph of Sapping - all AP-using actions taken by a caracter of the affected alignment cause the character to lose 1 magic point (if he has any). (Cost: 14 MP to cast, 14 CP to learn)
- Glyph of Protection - characters of the affected alignment are barred from entering a tile under the effects of a Glyph of Protection (exception: a character "inside" a building may step "outside" of a building even if a Glyph of Protection vs. his alignment exists on the "outside" tile). (Cost: 20 MP to cast, 20 MP to learn)
- Glyphs cannot be cast on tiles with permanent Portals on them.
- Any character affected by a Glyph may attack it (including attacking a glyph of protection from an adjacent tile). Attacks against a glyph are conducted in the "door actions" area.
- Glyph spells last for 2.5 hours (150 minutes). Casting a Glyph spell multiple times causes this duration to stack.
- Glyphs have (caster level * 10) hit points when created. Casting a Glyph spell multiple times will cause the Glyph's hit points to be restored to the caster's level times 10 (if the glyph currently has more hit points than this, its hit points are not reset; only the duration is extended).
- Pets are NOT subject to the effects of Glyphs.
- Implemented new spell, Minor Glyph Erasure (5 MP to cast, 10 CP to learn). Deals (caster level * 4) damage to selected Glyph.
- Implemented new spell, Major Glyph Erasure (10 MP to cast, 15 CP to learn). Deals (caster level * 7) damage to selected Glyph.
- Implemented new spell, Greater Glyph Erasure (15 MP to cast, 20 CP to learn). Deals (caster level * 10) damage to selected Glyph.