- Glyphs cannot be created on tiles with permanent Portals on them, regardless of whether the portal is mundane (e.g. a train station) or magical.
- Characters cannot create a glyph on the same tile as another faction's stronghold while the stronghold has a ward, and may only create glyphs of protection outside even if the ward is down.
- Some Faction Upgrades prevent or penalize non-faction-members from creating Glyphs on the exterior of the stronghold tile.
- Each type of Glyph has a different effect on their target. See their individual pages for details.
- Any character may attack a glyph (including attacking a "Glyph of Protection vs. ..." from an adjacent tile) as long as they are either themselves affected by the glyph or one moral step from being affected.. For instance, a Good character may attack Glyphs vs Good or Glyphs vs Neutral, but may not attack Glyphs vs Evil. Attacks against a glyph are conducted in the "door actions" area.
- Glyph spells last for 2.5 hours (150 minutes), or until destroyed.
- Casting a Glyph spell multiple times causes this duration to stack.
- Glyphs have (caster level * 10) hit points when created.
- Casting a Glyph spell multiple times will cause the Glyph's duration to stack and its hit points to be restored to the current caster's level * 10 (if the glyph currently has more hit points than this, its hit points are not reset).
- Glyphs on the exterior of a tile will not affect characters in the interior, and vice versa. The exception is the glyph of protection if cast inside.
- Casting Glyphs vs Good is considered a morally Evil action if the caster is of Good morality, and will cost a Good-aligned caster 3 points of Morality if cast.
- Angels cannot learn Glyphs vs Good.
- Pets are NOT subject to the effects of Glyphs.
Erasure spells have also been added that deal a large amount of damage to these Glyphs.
The Glyphs are found in Spellgems and are already attuned to a certain moralities, thus you'll never find the spell "Glyph of Pain", instead you'd find "Glyph of Pain vs. Evil"