Planar Guild

From NexusClash Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Planar Guilds are a measure of allegiance to (or against) the Elder Powers. Any character who has selected a Tier 2 class can pledge themselves to a Guild (at a Guild Shrine, at a cost of 10AP and 20MP), and will immediately gain access to that Guild's bonuses. A character can only be a member of one Planar Guild at a time - attempting to join a second Guild will remove you from the first one. Guilds are looser associations than Factions, and Guild members can gain XP for fighting members of the same Guild

Upon joining a Planar Guild a character gains the bonuses associated with that guild, effective immediately. The magnitude of these bonuses depend on the character's Standing within the guild:

  • Third Class standing is granted to Guild members who are in a Faction but whose faction alignment does not match their Elder Power and whose Class alignment does not match the Elder Power whose Guild they have joined. For example, a Wizard in a Good faction who joined the Sires of Retribution aligned to the Evil power Tholaghru would receive Third Class standing.
  • Second Class standing is granted to Guild members whose Faction alignment matches their Elder Power's alignment, or their Class alignment matches the Elder Power whose Guild they have joined, but not both. For instance, a Lich in an Evil faction who joined the Hashaa's Sect of Maeval would receive Second Class Standing. If the same Lich later joined Baraas' Order of the Blue Rose and an Unaligned faction, it would likewise receive Second Class standing.
  • First Class standing is granted to factioned characters whose Class and Faction alignment matches that of their Elder Power. For instance, a Seraph in a Good faction who joined the Knot of Keepers aligned to Alonai would receive First Class standing.

First Class Standing is also granted automatically to characters in the Adamant Kinship or who otherwise have no faction at all, having declined to split their loyalties between a guild and a faction.

Warning Upsetp.gif This feature has been reported as not working.
The "Leave Guild" button will often cause the character to rejoin their guild (not leave, as intended), deducting the appropriate AP and MP in the process.
Link


A character in a guild can revoke their own membership at that guild's shrine... but this is inadvisable, as the character's patron will surely strike down their faithless servant. Characters that want to leave a guild alive are advised to transfer directly to another guild - it appears that the new patron shields the character from the wrath of the old.

Each Guild has an Orthodoxy score. Individuals may always view their own personal Orthodoxy, and may spend Credits to view the average Orthodoxy of all followers of each Elder Power. The Power with the highest Orthodoxy in a Breath claims victory in the Nexal Struggle and the right to shape the next Breath.


List of Planar Guilds

Accord of the Sun-touched

Ingame flavor text (may contain spoilers)
A great stone sword has been sunk into an equally large stone anvil at the center of the sundial. The shadows that it casts are deep and dark and change often, though the sun does not move in the sky.

You touch the sword and briefly glimpse the world through the eyes of Namm, personification of Justice. Color drains from your vision until all the world appears either pure white or solid black. You feel a compelling urge to punish the wicked. You have joined the Accord of the Sun-touched!


25,3 Elysium. Aligned with Namm (Good)

  • Members gain access to "Sun-touched Strike" charged attack. This costs 8 MP and converts the damage to holy damage. On a killing blow, the MP cost is refunded (i.e., the charged attack is free).
  • Second Class Standing reduces the cost of Sun-touched Strike to 4 MP.
  • First Class Standing reduces the cost of Sun-touched Strike to 2 MP.


Adamant Kinship

Ingame flavor text (may contain spoilers)
The remains of an abandoned police barricade litters the square here. Behind it stands a lone, battered flag bearing the tricolor and three trees of Laurentia. It bears the inscription: “Together, we Prosper!”

You grip the flag and glimpse the place that Laurentia holds in the cosmos – an island amidst warring gods and factions, a last haven worth defending. Above, the lights of the Olympic Tower glow slightly brighter. You have joined the Adamant Kinship!

20,19 Laurentia. Aligned with Laurentia and opposed to all the Elder Powers

  • Members of the Adamant Kinship are not permitted to be in factions (and thus are always considered to have First Class Standing). If they are in a faction, they will be kicked from it. They are also unable to create a faction whilst in the Adamant Kinship.
  • Members gain +3 Soak and +2 damage while on the plane of Laurentia (Valhalla), including the Underground. In addition, they always respawn in Laurentia.


Darksoul Cabal

Ingame flavor text (may contain spoilers)
A pitted iron column, perhaps fifteen feet high, has been thrust into the ground here by some great force. Tongues of deep blue flame lick the surface of the column, briefly illuminating text carved in some unknown language. An iron pen is jabbed into the column at the base of the text.

You sign your name in flickering flame. The will of Ahg-za-Haru, personification of Hatred and Irrationality, reminds you of your wants and urges – and of easy ways to achieve them through disregard for others. You have joined the Darksoul Cabal!

4,11 Stygia. Aligned with Ahg-za-haru (Evil)

  • Members receive a 5% reduction in MP costs for spells, skills, and the like. In addition, if the character would be afflicted by any "undesirable" status effect (e.g., Defiler Poison), there is a 5% chance that the debuff is ignored (i.e., not applied). The MP reduction is not, and will not be, applied to charged attacks nor AoE attacks.
  • Second Class Standing grants 10% instead of 5% to the above.
  • First Class Standing grants 15% instead of 5% to the above.


Fraternity of Wondercraft

Ingame flavor text (may contain spoilers)
Part of the assembly line appears to be made of machinery far more complex and advanced than its surroundings – machinery which continues to run without human supervision or any apparent source of power. It assembles a pile of gears and wires into living human hands, only to disassemble them into gears and wires and return them to the start of the assembly line.

You touch a hand – which merges with your own as the power of Marquai, personification of Time and Order, flows through you. Your mind races with elegant solutions to physical and metaphysical problems. You have joined the Fraternity of Wondercraft!

37,26 Laurentia. Aligned with Marquai (Unaligned)

  • Third Class Standing: Repair Item costs are reduced by 1 AP. Crafting Item costs are reduced by 2 AP. Enchanting Item costs are reduced by 2 AP. MP Cost for enchanting items is reduced by 5%.
  • Second Class Standing: Repair Item costs are reduced by 2 AP. Crafting Item costs are reduced by 4 AP. Enchanting Item costs are reduced by 4 AP. MP Cost for enchanting items is reduced by 10%.
  • First Class Standing: Repair Item costs are reduced by 3 AP. Crafting Item costs are reduced by 6 AP. Enchanting Item costs are reduced by 6 AP. MP Cost for enchanting items is reduced by 15%.

Members of this guild also gain the MP reduction for recharging Spellgems, rejuvenating (but not summoning) pets, stepping through Wormholes, and possibly others. They do not get an AP discount when crafting ammo from Gunpowder, or crafting FAKs.

Warning Upsetp.gif This feature has a minor bug associated with it.
The message log ignores the discounted AP cost when enchanting (the AP discount itself functions as expected)
Link


Knot of Keepers

Ingame flavor text (may contain spoilers)
A single tree covered with white blossoms stands here with a great knotted gnarl in the center of its trunk. Fallen blossoms coat the ground here, giving the appearance of snow.

You pick up a fallen blossom and feel a sudden awareness of the beauty and uniqueness of all that lives. The tenderness of Alonai, personification of Love, flows through you and empowers you to heal and mend. You have joined the Knot of Keepers!

25,38 Elysium. Aligned with Alonai (Good)

  • When performing a single-target healing action, members gain a +3 bonus to the amount of damage healed to the target. Potion-imbibing does not target, and does not count, nor does the Shepherd's Heal Others ability. If the target was another character, the healer gains the Healing Grace Status Effect for a number of minutes equal to the HP healed. Healing Grace grants a +3% defense bonus.
  • Second Class Standing increases the damage healed bonus to +6 and the Healing Grace defense bonus to +6%.
  • First Class Standing increases the damage healed bonus to +10 and the Healing Grace defense bonus to +10%.

Monks of the Unbound Mind

Ingame flavor text (may contain spoilers)
A large, smooth stone juts out from the ground here. Peals of deep, rich laughter seem to emanate from the stone itself.

You harmonize your own voice with the joyous laughter. The power of Baraas, personification of Cooperation, likewise opens your mind to new ways to join your abilities to others for the good of all. You have joined the Monks of the Unbound Mind!

15,19 Elysium. Aligned with Baraas (Good)

  • The duration of beneficial status effects placed on the character is increased by 5%.
  • Second Class Standing changes the duration increase to 10%.
  • First Class Standing changes the duration increase to 15%.


Obsidian Cartel

Ingame flavor text (may contain spoilers)
A heavy, imposing mass of inky black stone stands here. It glistens with the light of the surrounding lava and its edges are incredibly sharp. A single glowing red symbol is stamped into its face.

You touch the symbol and suddenly recall every one of your unresolved grudges. With the cunning of Tlacolotl, personification of Violence, you quickly form plans for vengeance - all of which seem to be your own. You have joined the Obsidian Cartel!

16,9 Stygia. Aligned with Tlacolotl (Evil)

  • Each time the member kills another character, they gain 1 MP, or 2 MP if the target is an angel. This MP gain can bring the guild member above their normal maximum.
  • Second Class Standing increases MP gain to 2 MP or 3 MP if the target is an angel.
  • First Class Standing increases MP gain to 3 MP or 4 MP if the target is an angel.


Opal Syndicate

Ingame flavor text (may contain spoilers)
A shimmering pool of water which seems to glint with all the colors of the rainbow lies in a large, slightly oblong bowl of stone here. At first it appears to be a piece of campus art, but upon closer examination the materials and colors of the bowl seem just a little bit more solid and real than their surroundings.

You drink deeply from the bowl and open your mind to Goros, personification of Matter and Physical Law. The mechanics of the universe take on a clarity of purpose that seems obvious, however elusive it once was. You have joined the Opal Syndicate!

12,18 Laurentia. Aligned with Goros (Unaligned)

  • Grants a +5% bonus to find items when Searching. In addition, HP, AP, and MP costs to use portals are each reduced by 1 (minimum 0).
  • Second Class Standing increases the Search bonus to +10% and the portal cost discount to 2.
  • First Class Standing increases the Search bonus to +15% and the portal cost discount to 3.


Order of the Blue Rose

Ingame flavor text (may contain spoilers)
A small silver necklace with an emerald pendant rests on an old writing desk here. It catches your attention immediately and seems to stand out from the other objects in the house. The amulet carries a tangible feeling of belonging in this place and appears to be immovable by any means.

As you touch the amulet, your memory fills with deeds of labour, generosity, unity, forgiveness and life that shaped Laurentia. Baraas, personification of Cooperation, frees your voice from hesitation. You have joined the Order of the Blue Rose!

9,28 Laurentia. Aligned with Baraas (Good)

  • For 1 AP and 5 MP, members of this guild may grant 20 Speech Points to another character. This action fails if it would bring the target above their max SP. If the action fails, the guild member is not charged any AP or MP, and only receives an error message. Further, the guild member's SP cost for speaking is 7 rather than the normal 10.
  • Second Class Standing reduces the cost to 1 AP and 4 MP, and the SP granted is increased to 25. SP cost is reduced to 6.
  • First Class Standing reduces the cost to 0 AP and 3 MP, and the SP granted is increased to 30. SP cost is reduced to 5.


Sect of Maevel

Ingame flavor text (may contain spoilers)
Some of the rubble and twisted metal forms the figure of a woman that is far too lifelike to be a coincidence. Her arms are outstretched in a welcoming, almost maternal gesture, but no face is visible.

You embrace the statue and feel a sudden awareness of the fleeting beauty and uniqueness of all that dies. Hashaa, personification of Death and Entropy, fills you with a sense of peace with your mortality. You have joined the Sect of Maevel!

At the end of the Subterranean Railway, entered via 14,6 Laurentia. Aligned with Hashaa (Unaligned)

When members of the Guild kill another character, a roaming, masterless zombie is summoned, whose strength depends on the killer's guild rank. These zombies will not attack members of the Sect of Maeval unless provoked, but will freely attack all other characters.

  • Third Class members summon a Rotting Zombie, which is identical to a regular Lich pet Zombie but will not summon another zombie on a kill.
  • Second Class members summon a Shambling Zombie, which has a 90% chance to summon a Rotting Zombie on a kill, a 5% chance of an Infectious Zombie, and a 5% chance of a Shambling Zombie.
  • First Class members summon an Infectious Zombie, which is identical to a Shambling Zombie but has 85% attack accuracy, a 90% chance to summon a Shambling Zombie on a kill, and a 10% chance to summon an Infectious Zombie.

Note: Killing Maeval zombies will not grant XP to members of the Sect - Hashaa encourages killing living things, after all.


Sires of Retribution

Ingame flavor text (may contain spoilers)
A large lava flow that looks for all the world to be the statue of some hideously deformed creature sits in the center of this room like a mass of twisted flesh, eyes, mouths, and tentacles. Even though it is stone cold to the touch, it occasionally seems to writhe slightly.

You writhe along with the statue and feel something crawl beneath your skin. The presence of Tholaghru, personification of Chaos and Mutation, awakens pain, ecstasy and everything in between within you. You have joined the Sires of Retribution!

20,28 Stygia. Aligned with Tholaghru (Evil)

  • When the character is killed, a special pet spawns in the character's location. This pet is permanently set to "aggressive" and cannot be controlled, but the character is still considered to be the pet's master for all purposes (including XP gain, statistics, and Morality shifts). The pet despawns when the character respawns.
  • Third Class Standing summons a Writhing Tentacle (5 impact damage at 55% accuracy, 20 HP/MP/AP).
  • Second Class Standing summons a Spiked Tentacle (7 piercing damage at 65% accuracy, 30 HP/MP/AP).
  • First Class Standing summons a Gibbering Flesh (9 death damage at 75% accuracy, 40 HP/MP/AP).

Note: The permanent "aggressive" stance of the pet means that they will happily attack members of the dead character's own faction. This fact, combined with the way that the dead character is still morally responsible for such attacks, can potentially cause an Angel to fall from grace. Tholaghru presumably finds such occasions hilarious.