|Warning||This feature has a minor bug associated with it.|
|Rocks lose all enchantments when loaded into a Sling; other weapons that can be loaded (if any) will probably be the same.|
- 5+5 MP per existing enchantment for clothing and armour.
- 5+10 MP per existing enchantment for weapons.
Successfully placing an enchantment grants 15 XP with an additional 5 XP for each existing enchantment.
Placing multiple "damage type" enchantments on weapons causes the weapon to deal +1 damage for each enchantment after the first. Note: This might be capped in the future to a maximum of 5 damage type enchantments, which for most weapons would give a +4 total bonus. Placing multiple "damage type" enchantments on armor causes the armor to soak +1 damage for each enchantment (unaffected by armor Quality).
All weapons and clothing may hold up to 6 enchantments. Armor may hold up to 10 enchantments. Imbued Spells also take up an enchantment slot. Characters with Enchant Item can see the exact order and composition of enchantment types on an item by hovering over the item in their inventory. Note this doesn't work on mobile at this time.
Enchantments have a "duration" (length not revealed at this time). Each time the item is used (to attack with weapons or to defend with armor/clothing), the duration of the most recent enchantment on the item is reduced by 1. Once this duration reaches zero, the most recent enchantment expires. If there are still enchantments remaining on the item, further uses of the item will cause the next most recent enchantment to decay, and so on until all of the enchantments are lost. An enchanted item has a flat 15% chance to have one enchantment decay at the death of its possessor.
Attacks by pets will not count against the duration of clothing and armor enchantments, but attacking a pet will still reduce the durations of the weapon enchantment as normal.
Damage Type / Soak
- Fire - Requires: Potion of Fire Affinity, knowledge of at least one spell of the "Fire" type.
- Cold - Requires: Potion of Cold Affinity, knowledge of at least one spell of the "Cold" type.
- Death - Requires: Potion of Death Affinity, knowledge of at least one spell of the "Death" type.
- Electric - Requires: Potion of Electricity Affinity, knowledge of at least one spell of the "Electric" type. Demons will suffer damage and gain Morality for using Electric weapons.
- Acid - Requires: Potion of Acid Affinity, knowledge of at least one spell of the "Acid" type. Angels will suffer damage and lose Morality for using Acid weapons.
- Holy - Requires: Potion of Holy Affinity, Sanctify Spell skill. Characters that are not angelic will suffer damage for using Holy weapons.
- Unholy - Requires: Potion of Unholy Affinity, Taint Spell skill. Characters that are not demonic will suffer damage if they use Unholy weapons.
- Arcane - Requires: Potion of Magic Recovery, Deep Spellcraft skill. Characters that have either descended or ascended will suffer damage if they use Arcane weapons.
- Durability - Requires: Potion of Invulnerability, knowledge of either Mystic Shield or Mystic Mail spell (reduces chance of degradation for weapons or armor by 1% - baseline is 3% for weapons, 4% for armor)
- Accuracy/Defense - Requires: Potion of Combat Clarity, character must have Spell Combat. This increases attack chance by 5% for weapons, increases defense chance by 1% for armor and clothing. These enchantments stack with each other if they are placed on the same item - e.g. 5 Accuracy enchantments on a single clothing item would give a total of +5%. Only the highest defense bonus is used, so a character with +4% from one item and +5% from another only gains +5%.
- Lighten - Requires: Potion of Flying, character must possess Cosmic Affinity skill (reduces item weight by 1, minimum of 1)
- Poison - Requires: Potion of Regeneration, character must possess Defiler's Poison skill, Shepherd's Heal Others skill, or Sorcerer's Heal Self skill (weapon inflicts Minor Poison with a successful hit; armor or clothing has a 50% chance of inflicting minor poison on attacker on a successful close-combat attack). Multiple Poison enchantments do not add together for a greater than 50% chance. This extends to wearing multiple items enchanted with Poison not triggering once for each item. Instead, the game only checks against the 50% chance once