Breath 3.5 Changelog
Changes to the game will be posted below as they become available.
02/11/2018 - Game Balance and Player Information Improvements
SKILLS AND MECHANICS
- The Void Walker's Stepping of the Corner no longer synergizes with Ether Stepping. Corner stepping from building to building now always costs 1 AP and cannot be halved. Ether Stepping only halves movement cost if a character is outside or in the Sewers.
- The Infernal Behemoth's innate skill Hulking Brute now grants 2 points of HP regeneration per AP tick in addition to its existing benefits.
- The Fallen may now use Bond of the Mechanical to reload Bullhorns.
- The Void Walker's Stepping of the Stone now costs 4 AP and 15 MP to use. Stepping Stones are now consumed when used.
- The Dark Oppressor's Agony Curse and Blood Curse have had their duration modified from 12 hours to 30 Status Ticks.
- The cost of the Advocate's Holy Transfer has been reduced from 5 AP to 2 AP. Holy Transferred spells have double the duration of spells cast on oneself.
- The Shepherd's Magic Prayer results "Spellgem Affinity" and "Transcend Spellgem" now grant 5 MP as per a Lesser Magic result in addition to their existing effects.
- Within the Circus Carnivorous, anyone of any class or morality may use Explosive Murder as if they had the skill, including the 50% chance to explode on death if killed in the Circus. In addition, Pariahs with the actual Explosive Murder skill have a 100% chance to explode on death if they die within the Circus.
- Accuracy enchants now increase weapon accuracy by 5% per enchant (increased from 3%).
- Ghouls no longer steal HP on a hit.
- The secondary damage type of Wheels of Righteousness has been changed to Piercing.
- Mystic Mail now provides six points of physical soak and functions like armor soak, stacking with fortifications and other forms of non-armor soak.
- Zombies summoned by the Sect of Maevel now do not target factionless characters of level 9 or below, or all characters of level 4 and below.
- Judgemaster base accuracy has been increased by 10%. Soldiers of Might now changes their secondary damage type to Impact.
- Wights now cost 20 MP to summon or rejuvenate. Summoning Wights no longer requires a corpse.
- Skeletons summoned by Liches with Bone Seeker have been revised thusly:
- Hit Point total changed from 30 to 40.
- Accuracy changed from 65% to 70%.
- Primary attack changed from 11 Slashing damage to 13 Cold damage.
- Added a 10 Slashing damage secondary attack.
- The damage bonus from Strength potions now stacks with the damage bonus from casting Conjure Sinews. The are now two separate, if functionally identical, status effects and thus using one no longer stacks status effects with the other.
- Speech point costs for speaking have been halved. Speech point regeneration per tick has been doubled. Halving of costs includes costs reduced by Blue Rose guild membership; however, this guild will not be returning in the next Breath as this update effectively grants its main benefit to all players.
- Damage resistance granted by Affinity potions has been reduced from 100% (full immunity) to 75%.
- Targeting of attacks on glyphs in the same tile as you has been expanded from only glyphs that affect you to glyphs one moral step away from you. Good and Evil characters may target Glyphs vs Neutral and Neutral characters may target all Glyphs. Good characters still cannot attack Glyphs vs Evil, nor may Evil characters attack Glyphs vs Good. This only applies to Glyphs on your location; it remains the case that only Protection glyphs against your alignment may be targeted from a distance.
- While under the effects of Spellgem Affinity, the AP cost of recharging a spellgem is reduced from 3 AP to 2 AP.
- When creating a custom spell in the credit store, there is no longer an option to make the spell findable.
- Previously findable custom spells have been removed from the search tables and will no longer be findable. The dev team is looking into methods for custom spell buyers to acquire gems of the spells that they have bought in the future.
- The list of demonic debuffs removable with Absolve Suffering has been expanded to include additional debuffs: Acid Burn, Choking, Doomblight, Drained, Exposed, Frightened, Lethargic, Phantasmal Terror, Plagued with Doubt, Weakness and Wytchfire.
- Killing pets with defensive auras now counts toward the Pets Killed stat.
- Within a Euphoria Asylum or Dark Sanitarium, characters with remaining Memories of a Past Life are now able to exchange them for new renames.
QUALITY OF LIFE AND INTERFACE
- When healing a character with Sorcerers Might active, the game now tells you how many minutes of Sorcerers Might they have left after the heal.
- Characters may now view the current HP total of local Glyphs.
- The targeting pulldown for attacking Glyphs now tells you how much damage Glyph Erasure spells will do to a Glyph. This does not yet extend to erasure spells cast from gems.
- The skill and class buying screen now tells you how much CP you've already spent, so you don't have to calculate how much you have left to spend to be eligible for a higher-tier class.
- Evil-aligned Tier 2 Angels (potential Fallen) and Good-aligned Tier 2 Demons (potential Redeemed) get an additional counter that tells them how much CP they have spent on their Tier 2 side's skills.
- Shepherds with Absolve Suffering and Dark Oppressors with Curse skills may now view whether a character is Agony Cursed or Blood Cursed.
- Characters with First Aid and Defilers with Poison may now view if a character is Defiler Poisoned.
- Characters who lack Absolve Suffering but have First Aid and Sense Magic may now view if a character is unhealable due to Blood Curse.
- Characters with First Aid may now view if a character is unhealable due to Sorcerers Might.
- You may now see when another character in the location is Flying.
- The Character page now displays how much Lore a character has found.
- As a result of the Glyph targeting expansion, the attack pulldown now tells you the morality of the Glyph you are targeting.
- The Shepherd's Prayer pulldown now defaults to praying for Magic.
- Revenants using Eye of Death and other skills that use the Eye of Death pane are now notified if the characters they track are within a Stronghold.
- Building fortifications is now an act broadcast to everyone in the room if done during a raid (more specifically, if done while the ward is not at maximum strength)
- Destroying the last of a stronghold's fortifications is now an act broadcast to everyone in the room.
- Stronghold safes and footlockers now show which items within them are enchanted.
- All references to Orthodoxy have been removed from the game.
- When viewing the character page of another player's character, you may now see their current melee and ranged Defense values if you are in the same location as them. Attack, Soak and Damage bonuses remain hidden for characters that you do not own.
- When creating a character, you are now given the option of selecting your new character's gender.
- When creating a character, you are given the option of being randomly assigned to a Faction, and given a choice between Good, Evil and Unaligned Faction alignments. You may also choose to be randomly assigned a Faction while not selecting an alignment. Factions are randomly selected from Open, non-morality-restricted factions of level 4 or above with a standing stronghold in Valhalla in which you do not already have a character. If you choose to start the game in a faction you will begin play inside the Stronghold of that faction.
- When starting play as a new character, you will receive a piece of starting advice, the content of which depends on your choice of starting skill.
- When starting play as a new character, you will receive a brief introduction to the world of the Nexus. Your choice of faction alignment and whether or not to start play in a faction will impact the wording of this message.
- Finding a Potion now tells you what type of Potion it is if you have Sense Magic.
- Characters with Enchant Item may view a list of enchantments on an item by mouse hovering over its name in the inventory.
- Eldritch Bond, Word of the Holy Light, and Steadfast Resolve now have activation messages, which they previously lacked.
- Fixed a bug that allowed Void Walkers to go into negative AP setting stepping stones.
- The game no longer erroneously displays "and a here" in the descriptions of strongholds that lack flavor upgrades.
- Corrected a bug that caused Spiked Knuckles Piercing damage to override the Holy damage applied by Fists of Holy Resolve.
- Reveal now correctly communicates to the formerly invisible person that they have lost their invisibility.
- The Archon's Word of Recall now no longer brings your swimming or flying status into the stronghold.
- The Infernal Behemoth's Bloodlust now correctly stacks duration instead of capping at 15 ticks when used with Rage Strike.
- Corrected a bug that caused Horrid Tentacles to have a far higher defense value than they ought to.
- Food and booze no longer display item quality in safes and footlockers.
- Cups of Tea and other drink-based food items now show that they are beverages to be drunk, not eaten, and have correct use text. These items remain Food items in all other ways.
- Wrathful Smite now works correctly against wards, doors, fortifications and glyphs.
- Using forbidden damage types (e.g. Unholy as an Angel or Electric as a Demon) now correctly applies penalties to attackers when used against doors, wards, glyphs and fortifications.
- Corrected an issue that allowed Monks of the Unbound Mind to extend the duration of Sorcerers Might and many other debuffs.
- Corrected an issue that prevented Darksoul Cabal from offering its chance to prevent debuffs against many common debuffs.
- Fixed a bug that allowed Sadistic Glee users to bypass aura damage.
- Fixed a bug that allowed players to send credit messages anonymously by sending them while logged into an account but not a character. Credit messages sent without a character logged in now identify the account name of the user that sent the message.
- Stepping of the Stone users in the Darksoul Cabal now correctly receive the Cabal's MP cost reduction when using Stones.
- Resolved a bug that kept you from being notified when a glyph on your tile was dispelled by a character on a neighboring tile.
01/27/2018 - Broad Game Improvements Patch
QUALITY OF LIFE AND INTERFACE
- Players are now given a confirmation check before revoking their Stronghold.
- If you are on a Stronghold tile, the game now tells you the current HP total of the ward and whether the ward is intact or destroyed.
- Editing a Faction no longer resets your stronghold setting timer, and can be done as often as you want instead of being limited to once in 24 hours.
- Sending Faction announcements and other faction leadership actions no longer unhide characters.
- Characters with Swim now begin the two-tick drowning cycle if they spent their last Action Point moving into water, instead of (previously) being stuck with zero AP unable to move or die until an admin smited them or another character killed them. There is not yet a similar function for characters APed out over water with higher-level skills (such as Corner Stepping).
- Researching "Any" Alchemy potion (the default choice) is now considerably less dangerous; players are still strongly advised to focus their research into specific potions if they want to get the best results and use their research AP and MP most efficiently, but previously choosing this option meant almost certain death.
- Character names in faction rosters are now always links to character profiles, whether you are a member of the faction in question or not.
- The login screen now shows the current game time, near the bottom of the page alongside the time of the last AP tick.
- The Edit Faction page where faction leaders spend renown now tells them how much renown they have without having to check another page.
- Faction Roster pages now tell you the number of people in a faction.
- The game now notifies both the defender and the petmaster when an attack by a pet failed due to a skill with a flat miss chance (Phasing, Defensive Stance, Cloak of Air, etc.)
- Sense Magic now identifies potions when giving away potions, receiving potions from others, seeing potions lying on the ground or picking up potions lying on the ground.
- Reduced the cost of crafting First Aid Kits in Hospitals from 7 to 5 AP.
- Fraternity of Wondercraft no longer reduces the cost of skill-based item crafting (FAKs, toolkits, lockpicks, etc.) As a result, these items once again count toward the Items Crafted stat.
- The Items Crafted stat now counts each potion in a potion batch as a separate item, instead of one item per batch.
- Pariahs with Blood Claws and Archons with Blades of Light can now use these skills to write on rocks and walls.
- Smite and Hellfire charged attacks may now be used with Spells.
- Strong Attack, Combat Mastery and Elite Attack now affect spell attacks.
- RNG code for many, many functions requiring the RNG has been updated to a better and more modern version.
- Fallen and Redeemed may now join factions of their Tier 2 alignment without needing admin assistance to do so.
- Archons under the effect of Rapturous Chant are no longer kept from speaking or bullhorning. Rapturous Chant still prevents use of Song of the Word, which was the actual point of this restriction.
- Reduced the chance of chalk breaking on use from 60% to 40%. Magic Markers, by comparison, have a 20% break rate.
- Tier 3 class selection global announcements now tell you a little piece of lore information about the class that the character has chosen. Future updates may expand on this.
- Completing the Lore of Haldon now sends a global announcement informing the Nexus of your achievement.
- Damage dealt to stronghold wards and fortifications now counts toward the Damage Dealt stat.
- Arcane Marksman now includes an Acid charge attack.
- Maximum AP for zombies created when a member of the Sect of Maevel kills a character has been reduced from 90 to 50.
- Zombies created by Sect of Maevel kills now do not target characters of levels 1-4.
- Pistol crafting now costs one Chunk of Brass and shortbow crafting now costs one Piece of Wood.
- Newly repaired doors are now spawned at 10 HP of strength.
- Fixed a bug that caused attacks on doors, wards, glyphs and fortifications to ignore attack bonuses that are inherent to weapons.
- Fixed a bug that caused attacks on targets, doors, wards, glyphs and fortifications to ignore the benefits from accuracy and durability enchants.
- Heavy weapon attack rolls now work correctly against doors, wards, glyphs and fortifications.
- Removed a bug that allowed Hex of Nullity to remove Blood Curse.
- Avenging Lights and Cleansing Lights are now correctly subject to morality-based targeting restrictions identical to Lightspeaker pets; these pets were previously able to attack Good characters often to the detriment of the Holy Champion's morality.
- Seraphs with Defender of the Innocent can now correctly remove Enervate, Blood Curse and Agony Curse.
- Fixed a bug that allowed renamed items to be destroyed if they degraded when attacking a ward, door, target, glyph or fortification.
- Removed a bug that allowed healing pets (Aethersprites, Wisps and Wights) to heal through Blood Curse.
- Day Walker now gives correct night search bonuses and HP regeneration during the day.
- Combat and healing actions by pets now correctly give damage dealt and healing stats to pet masters.
- The Redeemed is now correctly able to deactivate Mask of the Martyr and Mask of Vengeance at will.
- Chance of armor degradation is now correctly set at 4%; this had incorrectly been set to 8% in the past.
- Characters with skills that allow zero AP cost for movement under certain conditions (e.g. movement in water if the character has Cloak of the Relentless Sea active) can now move at zero AP if those conditions are met.
- Corrected a bug that kept durability enchants from protecting armor.
- Corrected a bug that kept pet attacks from having a chance to damage durability.
- Spell Parry now blocks all variants of spells you know in addition to the base spell.
- Dispelling Blade now correctly works on all Swords, not just the Blade of Light.
- Dread Gaze now correctly reduces MP cost when attacking wards, fortifications, doors, and glyphs.
- Fixed a bug that prevented many (mostly demonic) innate weapons from being disabled if the character was no longer of the appropriate morality.
- Brass Knuckles and Spiked Knuckles now correctly apply their damage bonus vs. doors, fortifications, glyphs and wards.
- Elemental Affinity potions now correctly grant damage bonuses vs. doors, fortifications, glyphs and wards.
- Redeemed with Mask of the Martyr now get a message informing them of MP loss when they are attacked.
- If you know a spell, you can now charge spellgems of all variants of that spell.
- Metamorphic Unguis now correctly randomizes its damage types when attacking wards.
- Touch attacks correctly no longer work when one (but not both) of the combatants is Flying.
- Transcend Spellgem prayer result now correctly prevents gem charges from being consumed when attacking wards, fortifications, glyphs, doors and targets.
- Absolve Suffering now correctly removes Enervate.
- The enchanting interface now correctly shows costs reduced by Fraternity of Wondercraft.
- Alchemy research results that are supposed to give characters an increase in HP now actually do so.
- Shooting targets with a spellgem now correctly costs only 1 MP if you know the spell stored in the gem.
- Darksoul Cabal debuff prevention chance now applies to Blood Curse.
- Removed a bug that allowed Monks of the Unbound Mind benefits to extend the duration of Blood Curse.
- Removed a bug that allowed Dark Oppressors to inflict Blood Curse on a character already subject to Blood Curse.
- Word of the Holy Light now correctly assigns Archery bonuses.
- Fixed a bug that was allowing Cloak of Inferno AoE to target the Holy Champion's factionmates.
- Mask of Vengeance now sends the Redeemed an activation message and removes the button to active the mask from the interface when it is already active.
- Fixed a smattering of remaining typos and grammar issues with game text.
01/13/2018 - Bug Fixes and Improvement Patch
- Crafting Alchemy batches now increases the Items Crafted stat by one point per batch.
- Crafting ammunition now increases the Items Crafted stat by one point per batch. Master of Munitions actions are not affected by this change and will not increase this stat.
- Basic starting items for new characters have been revised from a carving knife and a can of green beans to two Books and two First Aid Kits. Starting items granted by a new character's choice of starting skill are unaffected by this change.
- Chances of finding a piece of the Lore of Haldon when finding a Holy Book or Unholy Book have been increased from ~2.5% to ~4%.
- Successful Lockpicking actions now grant 8 XP (increased from 5 XP).
- Successful Target Shooting actions now grant 8 XP (increased from 6 XP).
- Cutting and repairing Power now costs 3 AP and grants 6 XP if successful (revised from 5 AP for a gain of 5 XP).
- Cutting and repairing Power now grants XP regardless of the Morality of the character modifying the power.
- Power cutting and repairing actions that fail due to previous power interactions with the tile by the same character no longer charge the full AP cost as if the action had succeeded.
- Hand-to-hand weapons (e.g. Frozen Gauntlet) are now correctly exempted from receiving further enchantments. Enchantments placed on these items before the patch will still exist, but cannot be added to.
- Improvements to the admin side of the donation/credits system have been made to make it quicker and easier to grant credits to donors whose Paypal donation email is the same as the email they used to register their Nexus Clash account. If you donate and your Paypal email is not the same as the email you used to set up your Nexus Clash account (or if you're not sure if it is), it is still necessary to send the character id of a character you own as a message attached to your donation so that admins can deliver your credits to you.
- Corrected the bug that was keeping factions from getting renown for killing individual hostiles and enemy characters; killing hostiles should now be worth 1 Renown and killing enemies (mutually hostile) should be worth 2 Renown.
- Absolve Suffering now correctly removes Blood Curse and Agony Curse.
- Tattoo of Inner Strength now correctly grants increased maximum HP upon skill purchase. This will not affect characters who purchased this skill before the patch, and owners of these characters should forum PM an admin (Teksura, Kandarin or Shadok) so that an admin may manually grant this boost to their character's maximum HP.
- Blessing of the Resolute now correctly grants attack bonuses to recipients of the Advocate's Blessing. A bug that allowed Blessing of the Stalwart to grant these attack bonuses instead has been corrected.
- Fixed a bug that was causing demons who attacked Redeemed with Mask of the Martyr to gain far more MO than they were intended to.
- Mystic Vigor has been corrected to not have its MP cost reducible with Arcane Affinity or the Darksoul Cabal bonus, as intended.
- Legion Master now correctly grants soak bonuses in addition to the other bonuses of the skill.
- Fixed the bug that allowed the Archon to accidentally drop their Prayer Beads, put them in a safe or give them away.
- Defender of Justice now correctly increases Guardian duration to 30 ticks instead of increasing it by 30 ticks.
- Corrected a bug that allowed users of Stone Stepping, Conduit Portals and Phylacteries to access the "outside" of the Olympic Tower by setting marks in inside locations in this plane. We've also fixed this in a few other places where we thought it might become a problem.
- Corrected a bug that was allowing spell auras to always supersede innate auras.
- Hold Bladed Edge will now correctly prevent sword degradation when attacking wards, doors, glyphs and fortifications.
- Fixed a bug that was allowing Redeemed to use Morality-costing skills without cost in their own strongholds.
- Fiendish Shadow (Avenging Light or Cleansing Light stolen by a Corruptor) is now correctly exempted from pet decay and has a rejuvenation cost.
- Mantle of Vrykolakas now correctly changes the attacker's damage type to Arcane when attacking a Stronghold Ward.
- Wheel of Injustice (Wheel of Righteousness stolen by a Corruptor) is now correctly exempted from pet decay and has a rejuvenation cost.
- Phasing and other flat miss chance defensive abilities now correctly affect pet attacks, though players are not notified when this happens. This notification is part of a future patch.
- Divine Resolve now correctly grants 10% defense to area status recipients if the Holy Champion has Cloak of the Whispering Wind.
- Divine Resolve now grants an additional 10% attack to area status recipients if the Holy Champion has Cloak of the Relentless Sea.
- Wheels of Righteousness now correctly rejuvenate themselves on a kill.
- Corrected a series of bugs that allowed Sorcerers with Pattern Weaver to still lose their spellgems if they used the last charge on a door, glyph, fortification, ward or target.
- Ultimate Suffering now correctly grants Angels Tears when triggered.
- Corrected all typos and awkward grammar issues in flavor text that the dev team is aware of to date.
- Much of the text you can get in the game was using male pronouns even if the affected character is female. All text has been updated to either use the correct pronoun or default to a gender-neutral pronoun.
- The in-game text describing the classes when you choose a class has been updated to more accurately describe the capabilities of the classes available to choose.
- Arcane Marksman now correctly uses no ammunition for Electric shots.
- Lamp of Clinging Purity now displays the correct cost to activate the skill.
- Tattoo of Inner Strength's Heavy Lifting effect can now be deactivated at will even if the Nexus Champion does not have MP.
- Cloak of Holy Radiance now correctly costs 4 MP, not 6 MP.
- Crossbow of Cold Resolve will no longer be visible in the inventory of Redeemed who bought the skill after the patch. Redeemed who bought this skill before the patch will still see this item in their inventory.
- Fixed a bug that allowed Angels to learn Acrid Vapors despite being an angel-forbidden Acid spell.
- Way of Fire now correctly costs 1 AP when attacking doors, fortifications and wards.
- Way of the Fast Hands now fully reloads Pump Action Shotguns.
- Eye of Judgment now correctly costs 2 MP when shooting targets if the Archon has Dread Gaze.
- Sticks of Incense now correctly grant the Burning Incense benefit to the surrounding area.
- Fixed Manabiter interaction with Invisibility and Extended Invisibility potions so that the Corruptor no longer pays MP upkeep for invisibility gotten by consuming these potions.
- Corrected a bug that kept Acid Affinity potions from ever appearing in find tables; they should now have the same likelihood of appearing as other elemental affinity potions.
10/30/2015 - [Mini-Patch] - Tap Ley Line Patch
Tap Ley Line (TLL) has been altered thusly:
- TLL won't get you above 2x your MP cap
- TLL now gives 5 MP per activation (in all cases)
- TLL no longer changes morality, except for angels tapping unholy ley lines (-5 MO)
- TLL now deals demons 10 unsoakable damage when tapping holy ley lines
10/30/2015 - [Mini-Patch] - Wisp Form Patch
Revised Pet interactions so that they will act as if Defensive when interacting with Wisp Form Conduits, to better balance the skill and bring Conduits more in line with their intended role:
- Pets that are retaliating to an attack will now attack the wisp formed Conduit instead of ignoring them
- After retaliating to an attack from a wisp formed Conduit, the retaliating pets will consider them a valid target in subsequent regular pet ticks
10/20/2015 - [Mini-Patch] - Improved Player Messaging
Added button to go to forum profile of character's owner.
10/17/2015 - Bug Fixing Spree
Many outstanding bugs have been fixed:
- Aggressive vs Non-Allied now correctly excludes factions marked friendly by their masters faction when setting pet stances individually, rather than excluding factions that marked masters faction as friendly
- Aggressive vs Non-Allied pets now correctly acquire targets moving onto their tile
- Holier Than Thou Lightspeakers no longer lose MO on pet attacks versus good targets with morality less than theirs (except on killing blows, which incurs a -2 morality hit)
- Holier Than Thou Lightspeakers now correctly lose 2 MO when their pets kill a good aligned character
- Lightspeaker pets no longer acquire targets that they are unable to attack, causing them to spend a pet tick attempting to find a new target
- Lightspeaker pets with Holier Than Thou will now correctly acquire targets with good morality, provided target morality is lower than that of their master
- Favor of GNak tentacles now correctly take damage when their master drowns
- Tattoo of Equilibrium now works better with fractional morality
- Tattoo of Balance now works better with fractional morality
- Double-Barreled Shotguns are no longer craftable
- Packrat Vision now works as intended
- Seal Magic now correctly prevents enchantment death decay on degradable enchanted items
- Mask of the Penitent now correctly protects against application of Defiler Poison
- Fixed cost of Greater Invisibility
GENERAL BUG FIXES
- Renamed non-offensive spells should now be castable
- Renamed portable toolkits now work for item crafting and repairing
- Flag capture message now correctly shows plane of capturer's stronghold
- Flag capture message no longer refers to defunct faction bonuses
- Day/Night cycle bugs resolved for Elysium and Stygia
- Revenants no longer get sunburnt in Stygia
- Spell renames restricted to 32 characters in length
- Fixed learned spells that had truncated names
- Exploit allowing grenades to be used to attack people 1v1
- Players can no longer get trapped "outside" of the sewers
- Players can now pick up items off the ground even if they don't have any AP
- Items crafted without components no longer increment the items crafted stat
- Fixed exploit involving abusing Wondercraft to gain arbitrary amounts of AP
10/07/2015 - Nexus Clash Hypermap for Breath 3.5
The Breath 3 Ultramap (and link) has been replaced by the Nexus Clash Hypermap of Breath 3.5 planes, which can be found at: http://nexusclash.com/hypermap/
08/26/2015 - [BALANCE PATCH] Stronghold Wards and Book Balancing
When level 20 or greater, reading books only grants 5 XP
Stronghold Stronghold Wards strength scales more slowly and is now capped at 500 until there's enough level 20+ members. The new stronghold ward calculation is as follows:
If the faction has at least one level 20+ character, then use the lowest value among the following formulas:
- Active members X 200
- 500 + (Level 20+ characters X 100)
If the faction does not have any level 20+ characters, then use the lowest value among the following formulas:
- Level 10+ characters X 100
07/24/2015 - Launch of Breath 3.5
All New Game Maps:
- The city-state of Laurentia, the mortal (Valhalla) plane as well as the home of the Transcended
- The Underground beneath Laurentia
- Stygia, home plane of the Demons
- Elysium, home plane of the Angels
- Double-Barreled Shotguns removed from the game
- Search odds have been adjusted for many tiles
- Some improvised weapons have been removed from Obsolete status
- New improvised melee weapon, the Truncheon
- A large number of new Clothing items have been added
- Books now always grant 10 XP when read
- New Newspaper articles featuring news from the final years of the city-state of Laurentia
- Odds of finding paper scraps in mortal books has been tripled
- New paper scraps featuring clues from the history of Laurentia
- New book texts from the world of Laurentia
- 40 new exploration badges scattered throughout the planes
- Many, many grammar and typo fixes in lore content
New Pet stance: Aggressive to Non-Allied
- Healing required for Healing badges reduced to 15,000 and 20,000
- Lifetime CP granting badges no longer grant CP
- Breath badges will grant more CP than they do currently (10 CP and 15 CP)
- Once you are level 10 or higher, if your lifetime stat is high enough you will be granted the lesser breath badge and CP (regardless of if your breath stats are high enough)
- Once you are level 20 or higher, if your lifetime stat is high enough you will be granted the greater breath badge and CP (regardless of if your breath stats are high enough)
- Breath badges have all new names for the new Breath
- New Mortal aspects
- New Sorcerer and Myrmidon aspects
- Mortal aspects are now available in the credit store
- Many Premium aspects have been added to the credit store, representing figures from the history of Laurentia
- Elementalist aspects have been added to the roster of premium aspects in the credit store
- New snazzy raid ticker
- Updated homepage text
- Updated top menu
Starting skills have been reduced to a limited roster of core skills useful for leveling. Starting characters receive a 'starting kit' of helpful items related to their starting skill (in addition to the default starting kit). Starting skills (and corresponding bonus starting items) are
|Starting Skill||Bonus Starting Items|
|Hand-to-Hand Combat||Set of Brass Knuckles, Leather Jacket (pristine)|
|Melee Combat||Sword (pristine), Pipewrench|
|Ranged Combat||Pistol (pristine), Compound Bow (pristine), Pistol Clip x10, Quiver of Arrows x4, Throwing Knife x5|
|First Aid||First Aid Kit x15|
|Repair Item||Dagger (broken) x10|
Stronghold Wards now base their strength on the number of faction members.
- 100 HP ward for one character factions
- 300 HP ward for two character factions
- 600 HP ward for three character factions
- 1000 HP ward for four character factions and larger
Single-Breath Upgrades purchased in the last Breath have ended their duration and must be purchased anew:
- Planar Screen
- Planar Domain
- Adamant Denial
The following Upgrades have been removed from the game:
- Mana Mend
- Mana Rupture
- Adamant Proscription
- Homefield Advantage
- Favor of the Elders
- All Angels now go from 50 MO down to -30 MO.
- All Transcendent (Neutral) classes stay as-is (40 MO to -40 MO)
- All Demons now go from 30 MO down to -50 MO.
- Morality is now fractional
- Attacking now (in addition to current effects) changes morality by a fraction of damage dealt (1/10th when attacking equal or higher tier, 1/20th for tier lower, 1/40th for T3 attacking T1)
- Morality changes on attack/hit/kill rebalanced slightly to account for new damage related MO changes
- Healing changes morality by 1/10th HP healed
- When attacking, characters in unaligned factions gain and lose MO as if they are neutral
- Ebony Towers grant +2 soak to demons
- Ivory Towers grant +2 soak to angels
- Lava and Searing River do 8 damage to non flying non demons
- Hallowed Ground deals 5 damage to non angels
- Many, many new tile types have been added to the game, along with tile art
INFUSIONS & TAP LEY LINE
Infusions as we know them have been removed - Associated mechanics that depend on them have also been altered to no longer depend on them. Skills that used to refer to infusions have either been removed or now refer to Ley Lines instead.
- There are magical power sources scattered throughout the map - "Ley Lines"
- Tap Ley Line will enable users to tap into the powers on such tiles to gain MP
- Ley Lines have a limited amount of power, which regenerates over time
- Ley Lines have a morality associated with them, which has a small effect on what happens when they are tapped for power
Alchemy now grants XP when brewing potions
- Enchanting items now grants XP
- Clothing enchantments now correctly have a chance to decay on death.
- Smashing enchantments have been removed with the removan of infusion.
The maximum Speech Point total has been raised to 200 (was 100).
All class-based restrictions on Guild membership have been removed from the game.
Guild ranks are now determined thusly:
- Factionless characters automatically receive Rank 1.
- Factioned characters automatically recieive Rank 3.
- Factioned characters gain one rank if their Class matches the alignment of their Guild's Elder Power
- Factioned characters gain one rank if their Faction matches the alignment of their Guild's Elder Power
The Global Orthodoxy Standings checker has been removed from the game.
Order of Key-La
Planar guild removed from the game.
Fists of Sanguinity
Planar guild removed from the game.
Order of the Blue Rose
New planar guild, aligned with Baraas.
Ability: Members of this guild may grant 20 SP (speech points) to another character and spend less SP to speak and emote.
- Rank 3: Ability costs 1AP and 5MP, player character only uses 8 SP per speech action
- Rank 2: Ability costs 1AP and 4MP, player character only uses 7 SP per speech action
- Rank 1: Ability costs 0AP and 3MP, player character only uses 6 SP per speech action
New planar guild, aligned with Tlacolotl.
Whenever a member of this guild kills another character, they gain MP.
- Rank 3 members gain 2 MP for angel kills, 1 MP for other kills
- Rank 2 members gain 3 MP for angel kills, 2 MP for other kills
- Rank 1 members gain 4 MP for angel kills, 3 MP for other kills
Sect of Maeval
Bonuses from Breath 3 have been removed.
When members of this guild kill another character, a masterless zombie is summoned according to rank. Masterless zombies (all flavours) will all act defensive towards members of Sect of Maevel and will ignore level 1s, but will be aggressive towards all other characters.
- Rank 3 summons a Rotting Zombie. Rotting Zombies are identical to Lich Pet Zombies, but don't spawn another zombie upon killing a player character.
- Rank 2 summons a Shambling Zombie. Shambling Zombies no longer spawn zombies from corpses. 90% chance to summon Rotting Zombie on kill, 5% chance for Infectious Zombie, 5% chance for Shambling Zombie.
- Rank 1 summons an Infectious Zombie. Infectious Zombies have the same stats as Shambling Zombies, except with 85% attack accuracy. Upon killing a character, 90% chance to summon Shambling Zombie, 10% chance for Infectious Zombie.
- Skill removed: Psychometry
- Planar Protection cost reduced to 10 CP, no longer a child skill
- Swim no longer manadatory for moving through water, reduces water movement to 1 from 2 AP. Swim cost reduced to 5 CP.
- Psychic Bloodhound is now a 10 CP child of Tap Ley Line and allows the user to see who cast glyphs as well as detecting ley line tapping actions
- Tap Ley Line has been significantly revised (see above)
- Stamina no longer has a synergy with Swim
- Skill removed: Infuse
- Prayer results have been rebalanced, including the total removal of Light Within
- New Skill: Hand of Zealotry, 20 CP
- New Skill: Holier Than Thou, 20 CP child of Hand of Zealotry
- Skill removed: Infuse
- Desecration results have been rebalanced. Explosive AoE result can now be triggered on kills.
- Skill removed: Infuse
- Skill removed: Salt the Earth
- Skill added and changed: Life Vampire is now a 5 MP charge attack, grants 1 Blood Ice per 10 damage dealt, rounded down (20 CP)
- Skill changed: Soul Vampire is now a 5 MP charge attack, grants 1 Soul Ice per 10 damage dealt, rounded down (20 CP)
- Skill removed: Hand of Zealotry
- Skill removed: Martyr's Blood
- Skill removed: Hand of Zealotry
- Skill removed: Holier than Thou
- Skill removed: Hand of Zealotry
- Skill removed: Fanatical Soldiers
- Pets owned by a Lightspeaker who purchased Hand of Zealotry can now target neutral characters
- Pets owned by a Lightspeaker who purchased Holier than Thou can now target characters of lower morality than the Lightspeaker
- Skill added: Feet of the Wind
- Skill removed: Hand of Zealotry
- Skill removed: Hand of Zealotry
- Skill removed: Hand of Zealotry
- Skill removed: Greater Infusion
- Skill removed: Greater Infusion
- Skill changed: Tattoo of Opposition is now a stand-alone 30 CP skill and is no longer a child skill of Tattoo of Balance
- Skill removed: Unholy Stain
- Skill changed: Unholy Stain
- Lord Over Domain now grants full bonuses when in Stygia or on Unholy Ley Lines
- Skill removed: Life Vampire (now a Defiler skill)
- Skill added: Infernal Jets. The further a Fallen travels in a straight line, the less AP it costs to continue moving in that direction.
- Skill removed: Salt the Earth
- Skill changed: Greater Invisibility AP tick upkeep cost increased from 1 MP to 2 MP